Academic Writing Task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ceojongseong

Academic Writing Task 1

Post by ceojongseong »

Hello. It is writing task 1 in Cambridge IELTS 8 Test 2. I hope to get some advise. Here we go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Total School Spending 1981:Teachers' salaries 40%, Other workers' salaries 28%, Resources e.g. books 15%, Furniture and equipment 15%, Insurance 2%.
Total School Spending 1991:Teachers' salaries 50%, Other workers' salaries 22%, Resources e.g. books 20%, Furniture and equipment 5%, Insurance 3%.
Total School Spending 2001:Teachers' salaries 45%, Furniture and equipment 23%, Other workers' salaries 15%, Resources e.g. books 9%, Insurance 8%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pie charts, which include the information of others' and teachers' salaries, insurance, resources, furniture and equipment, illustrate the changes of the selected UK school's spending in which 10 years, from 1981 to 2001.

Every chart describes that teachers' salaries accounted for almost half rate of the spending and it was seesaw by 2001, but it totally increased. On the other hand, other workers' salaries decreased 6 and 7 percentages, which were 22% in 1991 and 15% in 2001 overall, in annual time.

Also, the materials of education, which increased by 1991, suddenly reduced between 1991 and 2001. Therefore, resources such as books fell down to 9%, consequently. However, school's insurance slightly and continuously rose up by 2001 and it finally got 8% in 2001, which is almost the same point as resources. Furniture and equipment are up and down in annual, but consequently, they also increased until 2001, furthermore, they rose up rapidly between 1991 and 2001.

Thank you friends for reading my writing. My targeting score is overall 6,even lots of friends focus on overall 7 though. I'm looking for some people who want to study together or help me. I think i will take the test in the beginning of April this year. So I would be glad for your helping.