Attention first time posters!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Dr.Asba7i

Re: Enrich the writing forum by contributing to it

Post by Dr.Asba7i » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:48 pm

First of All , I wana thank Rayan for all he has done for all IELTS seekers in the world . Your incredible work is appreciated . I have an IELTS exam 17 days later and I am practicing the writing thing these days . I tried to write on TASK 2 following Raya's argument essay structure and came up with this ::

Q : Do you agree with the statement " Most experiences in our lives that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the future "

ANSWER : 295 words

Everybody passes through tough and happy situations in their lives. Difficult life times cannot be avoided as long as we live and interact with others. It’s agreed that the hard experiences teach us how life should be lived and give us the wisdom we need all the time. Demonstrating that difficult situations are practical lessons and they give us the automatic proper ways of behaviour will prove this.

No need to say that life is a matter of skills of handling and coping with changes rather than reading about how to live it. When I was a student, I would never change my way and attitude towards studying unless I failed in my second term in collage and had to do it again. Despite I knew that studying seriously is a must for success, I wouldn’t achieve that without a practical lesson of failure. Therefore, this practical hard time taught me more than any thing else.

We all need to develop more natural appropriate reactions to life challenges. For instance, we have to face the fact that in order to maintain a job we got ,we have to to deal with other requirements than technical qualifications such as a long distance to workplace, a tough manager or selfish team. All of which need a flexible and realistic person that would be definitely the result of his past difficult experiences. Nothing can make us doing the right thing in the exact right time other than the bad painful experiences.

As a sum , we can't be any better in life without the practical lessons and the flexible personalities we gain from our toughest periods of life . Therefore , the best way of getting used to life difficulties is to remember their value and continuously learn from those free lessons .

Any comments and feedback are welcome . I want anyone to suggest what band is my writing as it is my first time to write . Thanks in Advance :D

Sponsor

Sponsor

OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Dr.Asba7i wrote:First of All , I wana thank Rayan for all he has done for all IELTS seekers in the world . Your incredible work is appreciated . I have an IELTS exam 17 days later and I am practicing the writing thing these days . I tried to write on TASK 2 following Raya's argument essay structure and came up with this ::

Q : Do you agree with the statement " Most experiences in our lives that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the future "

ANSWER : 295 words

Everybody passes through tough and happy situations in their lives. Difficult life times cannot be avoided as long as we live and interact with others. It’s agreed that the hard experiences teach us how life should be lived and give us the wisdom we need all the time. Demonstrating that difficult situations are practical lessons and they give us the automatic proper ways of behaviour will prove this.

No need to say that life is a matter of skills of handling and coping with changes rather than reading about how to live it. When I was a student, I would never change my way and attitude towards studying unless I failed in my second term in collage and had to do it again. Despite I knew that studying seriously is a must for success, I wouldn’t achieve that without a practical lesson of failure. Therefore, this practical hard time taught me more than any thing else.

We all need to develop more natural appropriate reactions to life challenges. For instance, we have to face the fact that in order to maintain a job we got ,we have to to deal with other requirements than technical qualifications such as a long distance to workplace, a tough manager or selfish team. All of which need a flexible and realistic person that would be definitely the result of his past difficult experiences. Nothing can make us doing the right thing in the exact right time other than the bad painful experiences.

As a sum , we can't be any better in life without the practical lessons and the flexible personalities we gain from our toughest periods of life . Therefore , the best way of getting used to life difficulties is to remember their value and continuously learn from those free lessons .

Any comments and feedback are welcome . I want anyone to suggest what band is my writing as it is my first time to write . Thanks in Advance :D
Hello Dr. Asba,

I think that writing should be posted in a new post below probably, not in this post - if you do that, you can PM me and I will correct it - all the best.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"

riyad

Post by riyad » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:44 pm

windy wrote:Dear Ryan,

I'm going to take part in the last IELTS test in this month. Actually, my skills are not sufficient simultaneously but I have to get IELTS result for applying scholarship. Hope that you can give me your feedback about my essay as below. This topic is yours which you give readers the opportunity of 72 hours. I saw it too late but I would like to have another chance to get your opinion. Look forward to hearing from you! Many thanks and regards!

In some cultures, children are expected to follow very strict rules of behavior. In other countries, children are allowed to do almost anything they want. What are the merits of each opinion? What is your position on the matter? Include relevant example in your respond.

Differences between cultures have appeared since the dawn of time. In particular, how children are educated in society is one of the elements in discrepancies. Some cultures give the direction in behavior by conservative regulations or conformities while others train children from self-study and educate them how to take responsibilities for their decisions. Each of educational approach has distinctly pros and cons.

The first method furnishes descendant to enhance the consciousness by conventional experience from older generation. They are taught how to avoid the failure from others’ previous mistakes on the way they pursue. For instance, when I was a child, my parent always taught me focus on my studying without social activities due to wasting of time and its effect on my result. Actually, it’s definitely improve my skills, especially in my communication skill that is absolutely necessary for my life when I take part in that operations. However, children can benefit from these regulation such as they have to polite with the elders, they are learned how to communicate with relatives or friends.

With the different manner of education, a kid shapes his foundation by self-experiencing. That means knowledge and skills are conceived through personal experienced procedure, not from others perspective. In retrospect, I formed my dependent ability by the way my parent educated me. They have never helped me when I fell, I had to stand up by myself, they even hit me if my faults affected on anyone. I recognized that I have to responsible for my decisions. It’s not only equip dependent characteristic, but also responsibility for one person.

In my point of view, I prefer allowing the kids to make decision for what they desire than regulated them from other trail. According to some researches, childhood is the most vital period one person learn and enrich their adepts for future life. Furthermore, real experience will become the biggest valuable wealth for one person on account of it’s conceived by self-studying.

saranya

Post by saranya » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:09 am

Some people say that education system is the only crucial factor for development of a country. To what extent do u agree or disagree?
No one can deny that a good educational system plays a critical role in development of child, in turn society, by large the nation. However, it cannot be considered as the sole factor for the country’s advancement.
We must acknowledge that today’s children are tomorrow’s politicians, scientists, doctors and teachers. Hence we need a well designed curriculum which trains children on every aspect of world. Such holistic education prepares the child for his future role. For example, the process of decision making in times of trouble by political leaders has greater influence on nation’s development and decision can be productive only if they have profound knowledge and information.
Moreover, history shows that most of Indian leaders, freedom fighters were graduates and their eminent knowledge was used to gain the independence. In addition, most of the developed countries’ literacy rates are far higher compared to poor nations. These facts ensures that education has a greater role in developing a country.
Nevertheless, some factor like ‘geographical’, social & cultural’, and physical factors also equally contribute in a country’s advancement. Firstly, geographical factors- even today many nations are not in favour of national integration- which positively affects country economy. Secondly, social and cultural influence-racial and gender discrimination are still prevalent in some of the nations. This reduces the literacy rates, increases population, unemployment, crimes etc., which adversely impact country’s progress. Finally physical factors-such as natural calamities like drought, floods, earthquakes, volcano eruptions etc, also deter nation’s development.
In conclusion just having a rewarding educational system would not guarantee a nations development but the collaboration of all the above stated factors would open up many avenues for country’s advancement.

gautamk

Post by gautamk » Wed May 13, 2015 6:44 am

words should be around 250-300

i see people writing 500 words...

remember, more you write, more there might be chances to occor mistakes...

OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher » Wed May 13, 2015 10:08 am

gautamk wrote:words should be around 250-300

i see people writing 500 words...

remember, more you write, more there might be chances to occor mistakes...
Yes, I teach my students that also.

And 150-200 for the task 1.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"

PreciousCharmRN

Post by PreciousCharmRN » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Good day everyone!
I would like to ask for your help.. please help me improve my writing. :) and do include your comments, band scores (highly appreciated), and your suggestions on how I can improve my writing... I'm taking the academic module in two weeks and I do need to achieve at least band 7. Thank you so much!

Question:
Some people think that children's free time must include educational activities otherwise they will waste their time. What is your opinion?

The young generation of today is the society's next leaders and citizens, and so they should be properly educated in the different institutions. However, learning does not only occur inside the classrooms but it also happens in a day-to-day basis.

The various schools and universities serve as the students' training ground for acquiring knowledge. The instructors who are scholars in their own fields teach the youngsters about the vast array of concepts and theories. Also, they are properly instructed about the etiquette that they should observe. Students are rewarded for accomplishing the tasks, but they are given due punishments if they fail to comply. Moreover, the tons of home works given to them sharpen their critical thinking and comprehension skills. Indeed, the pupils are being prepared academically.

On the other hand, some institutions offer extra-curricular activities for their students. They encourage their students to join the sports events. These activities enhance their physical strength and stamina. Meanwhile, parents are also focused on their children's educational progress that even at home, they still want their kids to continue learning by reading books and solving puzzles. Although these methods can ensure the improvement of their intellectual skills, they would not be able to fully develop their personalities.

I do believe that learning cannot only be acquired through books and educational activities. It is an indisputable fact that we can learn many concepts and gain more information through these modes, however, a person's development does not only center in intellectual abilities alone particularly that of children. The nature of child development follows a combination of activities that enhance a child's intellectual, emotional, and social characteristics. They should be allowed to play and interact with their playmates because in this way, they can explore their environment and gain their confidence. Furthermore, those kids who experienced a balanced time for education and play turned out to be good-natured individuals.

Many philosophers and citizens alike believe that knowledge is power. It is in our nature to search for higher education, and the educational institutions answer that quest. On the contrary, the world outside the school buildings brings about numerous quests and mysteries from which we can also gain wisdom far more significant than those we get in books.

aurora_vietnamita

Post by aurora_vietnamita » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:38 am

i would highly appreciate
"A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions"
In these days, a human’s real value has opened up a controversy. The criteria of the past such as virtues seem to be overwhelmed by social status and material possessions. This opinion shows a limitation in the way of thought of those who are blurred by this material world.
It is obvious that many powerful and wealthy men are of high value. Obama, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs are rewarding embodiments for this. Especially, these men of greatness are always leading a simple lifestyle with out of mode clothes. Wealthy and powerful as they are, they are not judged by their properties. What make their worthy are their rewarding virtues such as diligence, honor, nonstop efforts to positively change the world, and devotions for a better life. That is to say, the value of everybody stay right inside them, it is precious qualities, potential power, talents and ideas, which can be explored and exploited to catalyze opportunities, open up promising avenues and create masterpieces and the incredible.
Common material values should be looked down on as there are temporary. It is further from the truth that social status and possessions can prove one’s worth. These things can be illegally obtained such as corruption, stealing, cheating, and illegal business. These evil sins are usually covered by the power of money and can lead to uncountable miseries, social matters and dilemmas. Many of them are still living outside the law and. It is our all-time duty to protect the right.
In a nutshell, nothing material can make up one’s value. Only our qualities and contributions that prove our eternal worthiness with humanity.
thanks for your attention!

ragingsoul

Post by ragingsoul » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi Everyone, hope you are all doing great.

I am a newbie here, this is my first time to post as I am planning to take Ielts somewhere in November.
Hope you can give me some feedback about my essay.

Thank you very much.

Q: Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and that this money could be better spent elsewhere.
To what extent do you agree with this view.

A:

In my opinion, I agree that the government is just wasting money on the arts, and should be used more on important things.

For instance, they are planning to put up or renovate a certain art centre which will cost a lot of money by buying new furnitures, shelves, decorations, lights, electical wirings and paying for its maintenance, electricity bills and securities. These are just small things and will cost a big part of the government's budget. Adding to it, they will still need to buy or pay for the arts that they need to display. Antique arts like paintings and sculptures probably will cost depending on their value and we all know that those are very expensive.

Moreover, the money that they plan to use for arts should be spent more on hospitals, schools, farms, public infrastructures, transportation and charity programs which will be used by 99% of their people.

Hence, we also know that we need to preserve the country's arts, but only few people are interested and will benefit from it compare to more important things that people need for their everyday life.

Radha muralidhar

Post by Radha muralidhar » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Mr. David ,Please check my following essay and give your comments.

Government investment in arts , such as music and theatre is a waste of money . Government must invest money in public services instead. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The tax-payers money is being used by the government for taking care of the most important needs of the public such as education, healthcare and housing in addition to encouraging artists who play pivotal role in showcasing the culture of a country. In my opinion, I believe that although the government should provide financial aid for both the aspects, I still feel that more money should be utilized for improving the basic necessities of the common man .

To begin with, in some developing and underdeveloped countries many individuals lack proper education and live in badly constructed houses sans proper sanitation. If the government offers free education and construct decent houses for the needy, not only those who receive such help would benefit immensely but also the society would benefit. For instance, in India some unfortunate people live in houses which don't have proper drainage and washrooms paving way to some diseases which could be contagious. As a result , some people who live in the vicinity also get these diseases. Thus,by providing decent residences to those people or re-building their houses the government obviously, would help the poor as well as the society. In addition,if the poor intelligent students are provided with free books and scholarships, they would make their country proud by becoming scientists , doctors and take up other service oriented jobs and serve the country with gratitude and sincerity .

However, encouraging the native artists who help the old tradition to flourish is also equally important.To exemplify, in the global world of today, tourists often visit new countries and show interest in the native music, dance and creative arts of the countries they visit. Some efficient artisans might not be able to expose their talent due to paucity of funds. For instance, in India the government has identified fold dancers , musicians and people who have nimble fingers for handicrafts and supporting them financially. Exporting their products are also being arranged resulting in encouragement of poor artists. As uniqueness of a country, makes it stand out among other countries ,the government if very much justified in their action of spending some funds for their development.

In conclusion, the government should make sure that it offers satisfactory public services and aid the sectors with good money. At the same time it should also encourage artists who can win laurels for their country with their service but the priority should be given for the former one.