General Training - IELTS - Please Evaluate - Artists Freedom

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
krishmba06

General Training - IELTS - Please Evaluate - Artists Freedom

Post by krishmba06 »

Question :- Artists need a certain amount of freedom to develop their creativity. Some people think that artists shuld have total freedom to express any thoughs and ideas.
To what extent do you agree or disagree ?

Written under exam conditions

Answer :-
Some people divulge that artists should have complete expression of thoughts while others think that the expression of though should be limited. IN my opinion the freedom of expression of thought should be limited.

Firstly, too much of freedom given in any certain field will kill the field itself. If we take the example of art, the freedom given over a period of time actually has destroyed the historical value of the art and has led to the evolution of contemporary art, which was far as I am concerned has massacred the art itself. If we look at he modern day art the importance of beauty in art is lost. Ugly wall paintings, Meaningless portraits are only the results we got after the birth of this modern art.

Secondly, total freedom will enable the artists to forget the value of art and will result in the artists concentrating on the materialistic benefits such as money, fame and asset accumulation. Artists can be easily bought by the politically exposed people and they will become puppets in their hands to depict unethical drawings in the newspapers and magazines, about a party or government.

Lastly for their own publicity, and to draw the attention of the young minds, Artists may proceed to draw and picturise women in an unethical way, that is by posting vulgar pictures in their magazines. Most of the fashion magazines that are published across the globe is a proof to my above statement. In the name of art, womenhood's credibility is lost which also pays the way for several women injustice in the society

To conclude, I would suggest that artists should not be given full freedom to express their thoughts and ideas and a proper control structure which is independent of any governments influence, should decide about what has to be expressed and what not to be depicted.
avijit_05

Re: General Training - IELTS - Please Evaluate - Artists Freedom

Post by avijit_05 »

Hi
i feel if you add one more sentence to reinforce your idea , essay will become more impressive.

Ex :-
Lastly for their own publicity, and to draw the attention of the young minds, Artists may proceed to draw and picturise women in an unethical way, that is by posting vulgar pictures in their magazines. Most of the fashion magazines that are published across the globe is a proof to my above statement. In the name of art, womenhood's credibility is lost which also pays the way for several women injustice in the society
Therefore some control should be excersied so the religious sentiment and values are not hurt.".

Also how women credibility is lost if some one make ugly picture ?