Letters 3, 4 (Preparation)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Gelever

Letters 3, 4 (Preparation)

Post by Gelever »

Hi, guys, some new letters from me) Hope these will be enjoyable.
IELTS 9.1
You recently moved to a different house. Write a letter to an English speaking friend. In your letter:
  • explain why you have moved
  • describe the new house
  • invite your friend to come and visit

Dear Bianca,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and mood. I am writing to tell you that I have finally moved to my new house in Tampa (Florida, USA) I purchased almost three months ago.

To my sorrow, initially the bedroom was in a terrible condition, so I was compelled to hire a working team to have this redecorated. Fortunately, they managed to complete all the repair works before my lease contract with a landlord, whose flat in Miami I had been renting, runs out. I am happy to inform you that the house is equipped with a swimming pool, and there is a shady garden with a lot of flowers and deck chairs. Furthermore, the house is located right on the bank of a canal directly connecting it with the Tampa Bay. Several photos of the house are attached for you.

Actually, I’m holding a housewarming party next week on Friday at 22 p.m., and I would like to invite you to take part in the celebrations. The agenda includes a promenade around the gulf at night on my speed boat ‘Santa Maria’, so that is going to be an unforgettable experience!

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Andreas.

Total: 185

Wed Jun 24
Your friend is thinking about learning to drive and would like some advice.Write a letter to your friend in your letter say:
  • why a driving license is advantageous
  • recommend a driving school
  • give any extra guidance/tips

Dear Monica,

I hope you have been keeping well. I am writing regarding your recent decision to sign up to take a driving course. I just wanted to give you some suggestions.

Firstly, I am happy you finally made up your mind as regards to obtaining the driving licenses. I can imagine how beneficial it would be for you to be able to drive to do some shopping or pick up children from schools. Secondly, try not to skip classroom instructions as there is a host of road signs and essential rules to be learnt. These would not only allow you to successfully pass the driving test, but also feel safe and confident on a road. Thirdly, try to do as many extra hours behind the wheel as you can, which will make you handle an automobile better.

Finally, I would recommend you a driving school I attended a year ago, just next to your previous house called ‘Roads of America’. I personally was impressed by the variety of cars there, flexibility of schedule and attentive instructors.

Enjoy your practicing. Good luck.

Andreas.

Total: 180

Letters 5, 6 are coming very very sooon!!!
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Letters 3, 4 (Preparation)

Post by Flick »

Gelever wrote: IELTS 9.1
You recently moved to a different house. Write a letter to an English speaking friend. In your letter:
  • describe the new house

Dear Bianca,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and mood. I am writing to tell you that I have finally moved to my new house in Tampa (Florida, USA) I purchased almost three months ago.

To my sorrow, initially the bedroom was in a terrible condition, so I was compelled to hire a team to have it redecorated. Fortunately, they managed to complete all the repair work before my lease at my flat in Miami ran out.
I am happy to inform you that the house is equipped with a swimming pool, and there is a shady garden with a lot of flowers and deck chairs. Furthermore, the house is located right on the bank of a canal directly connecting it to Tampa Bay. Several photos of the house are attached for you.

I’m holding a housewarming party next week on Friday at 10 p.m., and I would like to invite you to take part in the celebrations. The party includes a promenade around the gulf at night on my speed boat ‘Santa Maria’, so that is going to be an unforgettable experience!

Andreas.

Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Gelever wrote:
Wed Jun 24
Your friend is thinking about learning to drive and would like some advice.Write a letter to your friend in your letter say:
  • why a driving license is advantageous
  • recommend a driving school
  • give any extra guidance/tips

Dear Monica,

I hope you have been keeping well. I am writing regarding your recent decision to sign up to take a driving course. I just wanted to give you some suggestions.

Firstly, I am happy you finally made up your mind to get a driving license. I can imagine how beneficial it would be for you to be able to drive to the grocery store or pick up your children from school. Secondly, try not to skip classroom instructions as there are a host of road signs and essential rules to be learnt. These would not only allow you to successfully pass the driving test, but also feel safe and confident on the road. Thirdly, try to do as many extra hours behind the wheel as you can, as this will help you handle an automobile better.

Finally, I would recommend a driving school I attended a year ago, just next to your previous house called ‘Roads of America’. I personally was impressed by the variety of cars there, flexibility of schedule and attentive instructors.

Enjoy your practicing. Good luck.

Andreas.

Total: 180
avijit_05

Post by avijit_05 »

hi
first letter does not answer "explain why you have moved".
in terms of task achievement you might loose marks.

thx
Gelever

Post by Gelever »

Hi, avijit_05 !
Should I have been directly say something like : 'I've moved to my new house because...', or 'The main reason why I've moved to my new house was ...'
I just thought the reason would be understandable... I mean, I said I bought the house recently at last. So, my intention to move there might be deduced.. as I've finally got my own apartments that I've always dreamt about and saved money on.
Well, I'm confused a bit... :?
pavanvandaal

Post by pavanvandaal »

Gelever wrote:Hi, guys, some new letters from me) Hope these will be enjoyable.
IELTS 9.1
  • describe the new house

Dear Bianca,

I hope this letter will find you in good health and mood. I am writing to tell you that I have finally moved to my new house in Tampa (Florida, USA) I purchased almost three months ago.

To my sorrow, initially the bedroom was in a terrible condition, so I was compelled to hire a working team to have it redecorated. Fortunately, they managed to complete all the repair works before my lease contract with a landlord, whose flat in Miami I have been renting, runs out. I am happy to inform you that the house is equipped with a swimming pool, and there is a shady garden with a lot of flowers and deck chairs. Furthermore, the house is located right on the bank of a canal directly connecting it to the Tampa Bay. Several photos of the house are attached for you.

Actually, I’m holding a housewarming party next week on Friday at 22, and I would like to invite you to take part in the celebration. The agenda includes a promenade around the gulf at night on my speed boat ‘Santa Maria’, so that is going to be an unforgettable experience!

Andreas.

And u have forgotten to write about the first point "explain why you have moved".
To improve your writing a little bit you can look where you can find someone to do essay, just to see some examples, because they will have them on the websites.