Writing Task 2 - Academic (modern lifestyles)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rawrrawr

Writing Task 2 - Academic (modern lifestyles)

Post by rawrrawr »

Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past.
Do you agree or disagree?

There has been a considerable debate over the reasons why children these days are often left feeling depressed and neglected. It is mainly attributed by the fact that parents spend more time fulfilling their modern lifestyles. Although parents deserve to be given the liberty to enjoy what they love to do, I believe, to some extent, adults should spare sufficient time interacting with their children.

First and foremost, as modern people are heavily influenced materialistically, they tend to put extra effort and attention to maintain their physical appearance. For such upkeep of appearance, it involves activities like shopping, spa, physical exercises like yoga and gym. With all of these tasks to be combined in a week, there will be minimal time left spending with their children. This can be further supported where a friend of mine whose parents were constantly packed with their respective schedules and rarely spent their time with her, she then ended up diagnosed with depression.

However, some would oppose to the idea that modern lifestyles of parents lead to the struggle of a child. This is because modern lifestyles include both working class parents that work hard to sustain the financial condition of the family, this would then lead to the possibility of not having enough time to spend with their children as a result of long duration of working hours. As we all aware, most of the parents in this era are required to work to provide and strive for the best for their children's future. Hence, children should be considerate and embrace the idea that what their parents do are meant for their good.

In my opinion, parents and children should always make adequate time for each other. This also includes maintaining an open communication so that both parties will understand the desire and needs of each other to avoid unnecessary conflicts or impacts in the future.