Writing task 2. Please assess my writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
kiaconchim

Writing task 2. Please assess my writing

Post by kiaconchim »

Nowadays, the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.
In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships that people make? Has this been a positive or negative development?

It is true that how people communicate with each other has been revolutionized thanks to technology. This development brings about various effects on relationships, and in my opinion, the impacts have been both positive and negative.

New communication technologies affect relationships in business, communication, and social life. Firstly, people in different countries are able to cooperate in an instant using telephone and the Internet without the need of face-to-face contact. Online courses have been viral for the past few years due to the emergence of services like Skype. For example, a student can take online lessons with a teacher in a different city or country at a minimum affordable fee. Finally, young generations now have numerous social networks to make friends throughout the world by only a computer with Internet connection.

On the one hand, the improvement in technology can be extremely positive. Options for communication have been widen, less costly and time-consuming, instead of being limited to written mails and telegrams as in the past. Benefits from the Internet and cellular networks are countless, either in work or social contexts. On the other hand, virtual interactions discourage physical contact, hence isolate people from the real world. For instant, many young people would rather spend time for online friends than establish real friendships with real peers, which can hardly be substituted.

In conclusion, new technologies have certain influences on the way people interact with each other, but not all of them have been favorable.