Request for feedback for Task 1 - Letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Kumar123

Request for feedback for Task 1 - Letter

Post by Kumar123 »

Question: You have recently started to work in a new company. Write a letter to an English speaking friend. In your letter explain

- Why you changed jobs
- Describe your new job
-Tell him/her your other news

Answer:

Dear Varun,

It has been sometime since I last wrote to you. Of late, I have been very busy with my professional and personal life and hence have been out of touch with my friends. Through this letter I am sharing two big and wonderful developments of my life with you.

You must remember that I used to talk a lot of Dr. Prasad during our college days. I used to find him an exemplary technocrat and a visionary. The good news is that now I have got the chance to work directly under him. I have changed my job and have taken up the position of assistant researcher in his team in the organisation headed by him. My lifetime dream of working with him has come true and the icing on the cake is that I have got a remuneration package which is three times the amount of what I used to get in my old job.

The second good news is that my marriage is fixed. I will be marrying Hema who I have known for quite sometime. We met through common friends and developed liking for each other. You will be receiving the invitation card in some days and I will be very happy to have you at my wedding ceremony.

Yours lovingly,
Kumar
Preparing for IELTS - 14th March.