Please Rate!! thanks!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
aireen

Please Rate!! thanks!

Post by aireen »

In some cultures, children are expected to follow very strict rules of behaviour. In other cultures, children are allowed to do almost anything they want. What are the merits of each opinion? What is your position on the matter? Include relevant examples in your response.

Children from some societies have freedom to do almost anything they want. On the other hand, some cultures do not enjoy the same freedom. They are expected to behave accordingly. In this essay, I will provide some of the benefits of both situations. However, in my opinion, I am strongly convinced that children should have guidance how to act properly.

Children who grew up from a culture with strict norms tend to be disciplined at all times. They are aware of what is right from what is wrong and knew how to respond to certain situations. For instance, a misplaced mobile phone is likely to be returned immediately by a disciplined child. With all the guidance and training he received from his society, he can do the right way impulsively.

Another benefit is that some mistakes in life can be avoided if guidance is provided at an early age. Like in my case, there are things that I have regretted of doing. If I have known any better, I would have chosen to act differently. I am certain that tough guidance can lead to systematic way of living.

Meanwhile, having a freedom to do almost anything that pleases us can also bring us some benefits. One good advantage is that we do not have to conform to anybody’s standard. Fulfillment and happiness can be attained since we are following our heart and pursuing our passion without any limitations.

Exploring different things is one good benefit of having freedom. This is extremely applicable to those who have not yet found their passion even in their mature life. They can continuously discover something in them that can bring self satisfaction. They are also not afraid of taking chances despite of several setbacks in their life.

Despite of the benefits of having freedom, I therefore conclude that, guidance and having rules to follow outweigh the advantages of being independent. For me, it has a high probable of producing a favorable outcome in the end.