Please comment on my writing for "Protecting old buildings"

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
suranga

Please comment on my writing for "Protecting old buildings"

Post by suranga »

Question:

Write about the following topic:
Many old buildings protected by law are part of a nation’s history. Some people think they should be knocked down and replaced by news ones.
How important is it to maintain old buildings?
Should history stand in the way of progress?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.
You should write at least 250 words.

Most countries around the world have at least, or possibly many old buildings in their cities, villages and surrounding areas which show a historical significance. In my opinion, a nation, in terms of protecting their cultural heritage for future generations while attracting the global attention towards its country, should keep these buildings without destroying. This will be proven by analyzing why old buildings should be preserved for future.

Firstly, preserving old buildings built by the national heroes in ancient times would definitely boost the youth’s moral positively to think about the development of their culture. For instance, the ancient kingdom such as Seegiriya in sri lanka, shows how proud and keen was the king, ruined that era to protect their mother land from enemies. Thus, it is obvious this kind of cultural morality can’t be penetrated to young minds, if no ancient buildings are protected for future.

Maintaining the tourism industry, which links with the historical sceneries like precious buildings, is a keen approach for development of a country’s economy. For example, Galle fort built in dutch ruling time, which is considered as a world heritage by UNESCO, is a major attraction in sri lanka among the tourists in different parts of the world. Thus, if the economy of a country highly relies on tourism that is based on the old architectural sites, should be preserved by its nation.

After analyzing this, it is clear that the old buildings play a vital role for the country’s cultural and economical development. Hence, the developmental process of the county should not give any negative impact on its heritage.