Ryan's Essay competition - Please check this Ryan!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
IndianHarry

Ryan's Essay competition - Please check this Ryan!

Post by IndianHarry »

Hi Ryan, So I saw that you had an essay writing competition. I've just joined. I was starting to watch your video of 50 best essays and before going any further I decided to write the essay myself. I'll go and watch rest of the video now. I'd be very grateful if you can rate and check this.

In some cultures, children are expected to follow very strict rules of behavior. In other cultures, children are allowed to do almost anything they want. What are the merits of each opinion? What is your position on the matter? Include relevant examples in your response.

The issue of freedom has always fascinated philosophers throughout ages. Strong sociocultural influences decide how much deviance from the established norms is acceptable. The influences are even stronger when the subject of the discussion are children who are usually seen as blank canvas ready to be filled or as clay ready to be tempered by the external influences. In the past couple of decades there has been a trend that advocates giving as much freedom to children as possible. A closer look at the supposed merits that are driving this trend is warranted.

Firstly, It can be said that freedom and creativity go hand in hand. Lack of freedom sabotages creativity and creativity has been shown to have a direct relation with a fulfilling life in countless scientific studies. Famous artists like Da Vinci, M.F Hussain, Van Gouge have mentioned at one point or another the role of the freedom they got as a child as being the basis of who they became later on in their life.

Secondly, Giving them freedom also exposes the children to mild forms of negative social behaviors that they may need to cope with once they are adults. Allowing them to interact with certain negative parts of their environment can prepare them for the life ahead. The direct result of such an exposure is emotional maturity that is possibly the most crucial trait to survive in today’s environments.

In my opinion, the wiser choice would be to not take any of the two polarities but choose a middle path after careful consideration of social factors determining the norms of behavior. Set them free but monitor them closely and carefully. After all, children are like clay and they are also the future of the planet.

(290 Words)
END
Harry Singh Sra
Skype - harry.5abi