can any one check it?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
allen_zhang

can any one check it?

Post by allen_zhang »

People naturally resist making changes in their lives. What kind of problems can this cause? What solutions can you suggest?

It is true that some people are reluctant to make changes in their lives. This could bring troubles to these people, especially in this ever dynamic world.

Modern societies have become increasingly challenging and dynamic. No matter how resistant a person is to changes, changes will always happen to his or her life. Thus, without the ability to adapt to new environments and challenges, people may find themselves in real trouble. For example, an employee may have been working in a company for years, from which he obtains a satisfactory salary and enjoys a comfortable working environment. He may never thought about learning new skills or knowledge and seeking for new opportunities. It could be a disaster to him or his family if he loses his job for some reason.

Since changes are inevitable in modern lives, the only solution to this is getting used to it and being prepared for it. Firstly, people should foresee and evaluate the risks in front of them on their life and career path. Being aware that changes always happen, people will be less surprised when the day comes. Secondly, people should prepare themselves for changes and even make changes spontaneously. For example, learning new skills which are demanded in job market could aid people in facing with changes in their career lives. They could even choose to jump out of their daily routine and enjoy an entirely new and exciting journey of their career.

To conclude, change is part of modern life and people should better prepare themselves to overcome any potential risks caused by new challenges. Being strong and adaptabe is a basic skill for a person to surrive and thrive in this highly competitive and ever changing world.
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: can any one check it?

Post by Flick »

allen_zhang wrote:People naturally resist making changes in their lives. What kind of problems can this cause? What solutions can you suggest?

It is true that some people are reluctant to make changes in their lives. This could bring trouble to these people, especially in this ever changing, dynamic world.

Modern societies are becoming (<-- this is present continuous because it is still changing now.) increasingly challenging and progressive (<-- you already used dynamic in the first paragraph. Using it again loses impact. Using a similar word helps to increase the reader's understanding). No matter how resistant a person is to change, it is an unstoppable force that will occur in his or her life. Thus, without the ability to adapt to new environments and challenges, people may find themselves in real trouble. For example, an employee may have been working in a company for years, from which he obtains a satisfactory salary and enjoys a comfortable working environment. He may never think about learning new skills or knowledge and seeking new opportunities. It could be a disaster to him and his family if he loses his job for some reason.

Since change is inevitable in modern life, the only solution to this is getting used to it and being prepared for it. Firstly, people should try toforesee and evaluate the risks in front of them on their life and career path. Being aware that change always happens, people will be less surprised when the day comes. Secondly, people should prepare themselves for change and even make changes spontaneously. For example, learning new skills which are in demand in the job market could help people better deal with changes in their careers. They could even choose to jump out of their daily routine and enjoy an entirely new and exciting journey of their choosing.

To conclude, change is part of modern life and people should better prepare themselves to overcome any potential risks caused by new challenges. Being strong and adaptable is a basic skill for a person to survive and thrive in this highly competitive and ever changing world.
Hi Allen,

This was a well thought out and well written essay. I really enjoyed reading it. Great job!

Flick
allen_zhang

Post by allen_zhang »

Hi Flick,
Thank you for your help!
I am trying to study all your corrections and comments.
I need 7 and I just got 6 and 5.5 on the past 2 exams. I am kind of frustrated because I spent most of my time on writing.
Do you think this piece can get 7?

Best regards,
Allen
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

I think this essay deserves a 7. It is well written and easy to understand. English is such a difficult language to learn and you are doing a great job. Don't give up!