What band for my essay? AC task2, Computers. Thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
dashis

What band for my essay? AC task2, Computers. Thanks

Post by dashis »

Some people consider computers to be more of a hindrance than a help. Others believe that they have greatly increased human potential.

How could computers be considered a hindrance?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience

--------------------------------------
21st century is commonly called the age of computers. This is due to the vast number of avenues this machine has opened to humanity. However, even though it undeniably became an important part of our modern society, some people claim that computers failed the task of becoming a helping tool and turned out to be more of a hindrance. In this essay I will provide reasons and overview some relevant examples of such situations.
First of all, one of the main task for computers was to fortify the security of many important sites, such as nuclear plants or military bases. For instance, if in an event of emergency a nuclear plant would lose electricity, the computers inside, ran by alternative energy sources, would ensure that the condition in the reactor chamber is stable. However, these days such systems are threatened by countless malicious programmers, who can exploit weaknesses in computer programs. In this case even though computers eliminated one threat, they created many others, since we rely on them greatly.
Secondly, with the creation of the internet people thought of ways to use computers for enhancement of communication. Today, we can easily connect with people all around the world with a push of a button, however many people claim that this freedom provided negative effects to our communication habits. According to them, people became addicted to virtual communication, thus turning out to be less sociable in real life. Again, we can see how computer solution of one problem lead to the creation of several new ones.
In conclusion, I think that computers provide many benefits, however these solutions often have side effects, which in some cases turn out to be even more severe than the initial problem. Maybe in the future, with the progress of technology computers will be able to solve all of our problems.
emmawriter173

Re: What band for my essay? AC task2, Computers. Thanks

Post by emmawriter173 »

Some people consider computers to be more of a hindrance than a help. Others believe that they have greatly increased human potential.

How could computers be considered a hindrance?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience

--------------------------------------
The21st century is commonly called the age of computers. This is due to the vast number of avenues this machine has opened to humanity. However, even though it undeniably became an important part of our modern society, some people claim that computers failed the task of becoming a helping tool and turned out to be more of a hindrance (this is sort of a run on sentence, try splitting it up) . In this essay I will provide reasons and an overview of some relevant examples of such situations.
First of all, one of the main tasks for computers was to fortify the security of many important sites; such as nuclear plants or military bases. For instance, if in an event of emergency, a nuclear plant would lose electricity, the computers inside, ran by alternative energy sources, would ensure that the condition in the reactor chamber is stable. However, these days such systems are threatened by countless malicious programmers who can exploit weaknesses in computer programs. In this case, even though computers eliminated one threat, they created many others since we rely on them greatly.
Secondly, with the creation of the internet, people thought of ways to use computers for enhancement of communication. Today we can easily connect with people all around the world with a push of a button, however many people claim that this freedom provided negative effects to our communication habits. According to them, people have become addicted to virtual communication, thus turning out to be less sociable in real life. Again, we can see how the computer solution of one problem lead to the creation of several new ones.
In conclusion, I think that computers provide many benefits; however these solutions often have side effects, which in some cases turn out to be even more severe than the initial problem. (again this sentence seems to be a bit long) Maybe in the future, with the progress of technology, computers will be able to solve all of our problems.
dashis

Re: What band for my essay? AC task2, Computers. Thanks

Post by dashis »

Thank you^^