Kindly help me check this: IELTS Task 1 - Bar chart - UK telephone calls 1995 - 2002

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Lilyhuynh1201

Kindly help me check this: IELTS Task 1 - Bar chart - UK telephone calls 1995 - 2002

Post by Lilyhuynh1201 »

Please help me check this IELTS writing task 1. I am quite confused about the verbs to use with the unit billion minutes. Thank you so much for all your advice.
:D :D :D
The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in billions) of telephone call in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002.
Summarise the information by selecting a reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart illustrates the length of phone call in three categories including Local, National and International which are made by fixed line and Mobile calls in the UK throughout the period from 1995 to 2002. Overall, Local was always the highest number, followed by National and International and the lowest was Mobiles. Additionally, National and International and Mobile calls had increased over the period of 7 years, whereas Local calls decreased slightly after hitting a peak in 1999.

Looking at the graph, Local calls, which were made with fixed line, stood at 70 billion minutes in 1995, being the highest call at that time. This figure grew rapidly to reach to top of 90 billion minutes in 1999. However, the UK people used less fixed line to make Local call after that, which made the figure in declined to the similar number of the year 1995 in 2002.

On the other hand, National and International made with fixed line increased gradually from 38 billion minutes in 1995 to approximately 60 billion minutes in 2002. Similarly, Mobile calls, which stood at only 3 million minutes in 1995, experienced a steady rise of 12 billion minutes in 1999. One year later, this figure doubled to nearly 24 billion minutes and reach over 45 million minutes at the end of the period.