Evaluate my ans to Cambridge IELTS 8 GT Task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
dlbb

Evaluate my ans to Cambridge IELTS 8 GT Task 1

Post by dlbb »

Que - You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

You recently moved to a new house. Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter:
- explain why you have moved
- describe the new house
- invite your friend to come and visit

Write at least 150 words. You do not need to write any addresses. Begin your letter as follows:

Dear ...........,

Ans - Dear Chris,

How are you? I hope this letter finds you in excellent health. Let me share a new experience with you which I enjoyed when I moved to a new house.

As you knew already, I was trying to get a transfer to this city. Being the capital of our country, it always fascinated me right from the childhood, which is why I bought a new house over here. Let me amaze you with its qualities, it comes with 3 bedrooms each with large cupboards, a drawing room, 2 kitchens, 2 bathrooms, a swimming pool and a large veranda. Also, add the train transport hub which is only a mile from the house.

Why don’t you visit me in the near future? Say, the next month of January? I know, you always spend holidays touring the best locations of this city. This time, I insist you should stay with us. Let me assure you, I am going to make this trip of yours a very remarkable one.

Waiting to hear from you soon,

Robert

----------------------------------------------------------

Please give my response the approximate bands which I would get if I wrote this in the IELTS exam. Also, try to support that with evidence like:

Task achievement
Coherence and Cohesion
Lexical resource
Grammatical range and accuracy
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Evaluate my ans to Cambridge IELTS 8 GT Task 1

Post by Flick »

dlbb wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:10 pm Que - You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

You recently moved to a new house. Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter:
- explain why you have moved
- describe the new house
- invite your friend to come and visit

Write at least 150 words. You do not need to write any addresses. Begin your letter as follows:

Dear ...........,

Ans - Dear Chris,

How are you? I hope this letter finds you in excellent health. Let me share a new experience with you which I enjoyed when I moved to a new house.

As you knew already, I was trying to get a transfer to this city. Being the capital of our country, it always fascinated me right from childhood, which is why I bought a new house over here. Let me tell you about my new home. It comes with 3 bedrooms, each with a large wardrobe, a drawing room, 2 kitchens, 2 bathrooms, a swimming pool and a large veranda. Also, the train station is only a mile away.

Why don’t you visit me in the near future? Say, next January? I know, you always spend your holidays touring the best locations in this city. This time, I insist you should stay with me. Let me assure you, I am going to make this trip of yours a very remarkable one.

Waiting to hear from you soon,

Robert

----------------------------------------------------------

Please give my response the approximate bands which I would get if I wrote this in the IELTS exam. Also, try to support that with evidence like:

Task achievement
Coherence and Cohesion
Lexical resource
Grammatical range and accuracy