my exam is in 3 days...please review my task 2 about space exploration

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
zibs

my exam is in 3 days...please review my task 2 about space exploration

Post by zibs »

Space exploration is much too expensive and the money should be spent on more important things.
What is your opinion?

Many people believe that space exploration is a very costly affair and the expenditure on space programs should be diverted to other areas. I agree with this notion as the inadequate returns of such projects do not justify the investment and the money could be better utilised for other purposes.

It is true that ventures into outer space have had a minimal impact despite the massive costs involved. In other words, none of the original objectives such as finding other inhabitable planets and discovering alien civilisations has been achieved, even after decades of investment. For instance, the SETI program launched by NASA, for establishing communication with inhabitants of foreign planets, has not had any success, which is unacceptable when we consider that the US government has spent more than 30 billion dollars of tax payer's money in this project.

The money allocated to space exploration programs should be funnelled to tackle the pertinent problems of the modern society. Currently, many sectors are either inadequately funded or worse, facing budget cuts as a result of the financial downturn and the impact could be reduced if some of the money from space exploration were invested in these areas. Social welfare programs are a case in point. Owing to rising unemployment and an increase in the proportion of senior citizens, the level of investment required in this sector has increased. So, if the money being wasted on space ventures were reallocated to providing pensions for the old or financial supports to the unemployed, the benefit to the society would be greater.

To conclude, space programs have been draining the state coffers without achieving anything of significance and thus, I believe that the financial investment in such projects is not justified. Instead, the money should be spent on public welfare programs that would cater to the people in the greatest need of assistance.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: my exam is in 3 days...please review my task 2 about space exploration

Post by Flick »

zibs wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:21 pm Space exploration is much too expensive and the money should be spent on more important things.
What is your opinion?

Many people believe that space exploration is a very costly affair and the expenditure on space programs should be diverted to other areas. I agree with this notion as the inadequate returns of such projects do not justify the investment, and the money could be better utilised for other purposes.

It is true that ventures into outer space have had a minimal impact despite the massive costs involved. In other words, none of the original objectives such as finding other inhabitable planets and discovering alien civilisations have been achieved, even after decades of investment. For instance, the SETI program launched by NASA for establishing communication with inhabitants of foreign planets, has not had any success, which is unacceptable when we consider that the US government has spent more than 30 billion dollars of tax payer's money on this project.

The money allocated to space exploration programs should be funnelled to tackle the pertinent problems of the modern society. Currently, many sectors are either inadequately funded or worse, facing budget cuts as a result of the financial downturn, and the impact could be reduced if some of the money from space exploration was invested in these areas. Social welfare programs are a case in point. Owing to rising unemployment and an increase in the proportion of senior citizens, the level of investment required in this sector has increased. So, if the money being wasted on space ventures was reallocated to providing pensions for the old or financial support to the unemployed, the benefit to the society would be greater.

To conclude, space programs have been draining the state coffers without achieving anything of significance and thus, I believe that the financial investment in such projects is not justified. Instead, the money should be spent on public welfare programs that would cater to the people in the greatest need of assistance.