fatherhood and motherhood...task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
zibs

fatherhood and motherhood...task 2

Post by zibs »

"Fatherhood ought to be emphasised as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing the children up."

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the modern society, the roles of mothers and fathers in the upbringing of their children is being revised. Many believe that the involvement of fathers should be as equally emphasised as the duty of mothers in child rearing, and I strongly agree with that view.

It is important that fathers be made equally responsible for the care of their children as this would reduce the workload of mothers, along with giving fathers the opportunity to impart their positive skills on their offsprings. Firstly, as increasing number of married women seek employment, the time available to them for caring for their children has dwindled. So, if fathers are obliged to be equally involved in parenthood, it would make the tasks of mothers much easier. Secondly, when fathers spend more time with their children, they can teach their kids some skills that perhaps mothers cannot. For instance, my father was an excellent guitarist and therefore, his active involvement in my daily life helped me to master the instrument as well.

On the same note, I do not believe that bequeathing mothers with the responsibility of deciding when to have a child, automatically implies that only they have the duty to cater to the needs of their children.While mothers should make the decision regarding the appropriate time to start a family, because they have to make the most adjustments after conception, it does not mean that this exempts fathers from all responsibilities. Fathers play an equally important role in the conceiving process and thus should be involved as much as mothers. During the course of their marriage, parents will come across instances in which they will have to make crucial decisions for their children and during those times, active participation of both the parents is essential. A family in which father only provides economic support is no longer desirable in the modern times.

All in all, fathers should be made to be more actively involved in the rearing of their children. In the recent times, the traditional roles of men and women have changed, and it is thereby essential that fathers take up an increased amount of responsibility to ensure proper development of their sons and daughters.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: fatherhood and motherhood...task 2

Post by Flick »

zibs wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:39 pm "Fatherhood ought to be emphasised as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing the children up."

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the modern society, the roles of mothers and fathers in the upbringing of their children is being revised. Many believe that the involvement of fathers should be as equally emphasised as the duty of mothers in child rearing, and I strongly agree with this view.

It is important that fathers be made equally responsible for the care of their children as this would reduce the workload of mothers, along with giving fathers the opportunity to impart their knowledge and skills to their offspring. Firstly, as an increasing number of married women seek employment, the time available to them for caring for their children has dwindled. So, if fathers were obliged to be equally involved in parenthood, it would make the tasks of mothers much easier. Secondly, when fathers spend more time with their children, they can teach their kids some skills that perhaps mothers cannot. For instance, my father was an excellent guitarist and therefore, his active involvement in my daily life helped me to master the instrument as well.

On the same note, I do not believe that bequeathing mothers with the responsibility of deciding when to have a child automatically implies that only they have the duty to cater to the needs of their children. While mothers should make the decision regarding the appropriate time to start a family because they have to make the most adjustments after conception, it does not mean that this exempts fathers from all responsibilities. Fathers play an equally important role in the conceiving process and thus should be involved as much as mothers. During the course of their marriage, parents will come across instances in which they will have to make crucial decisions for their children and during those times, active participation of both parents is essential. A family in which the father only provides economic support is no longer desirable in the modern times.

All in all, fathers should be encouraged to be more actively involved in the rearing of their children. In the recent times, the traditional roles of men and women have changed, and it is thereby essential that fathers take up an increased amount of responsibility to ensure proper development of their sons and daughters.