A good friend just changed schools and is having difficulty fitting in

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
pravallikadudhi

A good friend just changed schools and is having difficulty fitting in

Post by pravallikadudhi »

A good friend just changed schools and is having difficulty fitting in and needs your advice.
Write a letter to your friend.
 make suggestions as how they could make friends
 suggest joining clubs, participating in school activities
 give any extra general advice.

Dear Lilly,

First of all, I feel really sorry that you are not really settling into your new school. I thought I would write back with a few suggestions as to what you can do to improve the situation. When I first moved to new school, I felt this way too. So, it’s a quite normal feeling.

It takes some time to make friends and get along with them, so don’t give up. I would recommend you to join some fun clubs after your classes. Choose an activity like a team sport, since this will guarantee you to meet a lot of new people. Then things will get better for you and you will end up meeting their own friend too.

In addition, getting out and about will make you feel a lot better. Take up a form of exercise or pursue a hobby that interests you. When you are on upbeat it’s easier to make friends.

One more thing; If all the above doesn’t work, then find some like-minded people and ask them to join in a fun activity, a cinema trip or meeting for coffee are good ways to socialize and make friends.

Well, I hope that has been of some help. Good luck!

Love,
Dudhi
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: A good friend just changed schools and is having difficulty fitting in

Post by Flick »

pravallikadudhi wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:24 pm A good friend just changed schools and is having difficulty fitting in and needs your advice.
Write a letter to your friend.
 make suggestions as how they could make friends
 suggest joining clubs, participating in school activities
 give any extra general advice.

Dear Lilly,

First of all, I'm sorry that you are not really settling into your new school. I thought I would write back with a few suggestions as to what you can do to improve the situation. When I first moved to a new school, I felt this way too. So, it’s a perfectly normal feeling.

It takes some time to make friends and get along with them, so don’t give up. I would recommend you join some fun clubs after your classes. Choose an activity like a team sport, since this will guarantee you to meet a lot of new people. Then things will get better for you and you will end up meeting their friends, too.

In addition, getting out and about will make you feel a lot better. Take up a form of exercise or pursue a hobby that interests you. When you are feeling upbeat, it’s easier to make friends.

One more thing; if all the above fail, then find some like-minded people and ask them to join in a fun activity, a cinema trip or meeting for coffee are good ways to socialize and make friends.

Well, I hope that has been of some help. Good luck!

Love,
Dudhi