international sport events

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Marwa1981

international sport events

Post by Marwa1981 »

Many people think hosting an international sport event is beneficial to a country, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Some people argue that staging multinational sport competition is useful to a country, while others believe this may be harmful. Although hosting an international event would create jobs, I personally agree that the expenditures on these competitions would better be used to improve other sectors. This essay will discuss both perspectives.
On the one hand, sports events such as Olympics and World Cup create hundreds of job opportunities. As a result, young people in host country would benefit by working during these days. Additionally, they would get not only a good salary but also a valuable work experience. For instance, in Rio Olympic Games in 2016, huge numbers of youth worked in companies that organised this mega sports event. I disagree with this point of view due to the cost of these events is high.

On the other hand, it costs a fortune to host Olympic Games or World cup. There are new constructions, roads and sports facilities which are built to prepare for the event. Therefore, authorities direct a considerable proportion of its budget towards the preparation of competition. However, if this money is used to enhance the education or health system in the country, it will be more beneficial. For example, hundreds of protests in Brazil expressed their anger about governmental expenditures that were directed to host the world cup which was held in Brazil. I agree with this perspective particularly in developing countries.

In conclusion, although having an international sports event is beneficial due to job chances, I agree that the drawbacks of hosting such events far outweigh its merits because of poor allocation of resources.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: international sport events

Post by Flick »

Marwa1981 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:07 pm Many people think hosting an international sport event is beneficial to a country, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Some people argue that staging a multinational sport competition is useful to a country, while others believe it may be harmful. Although hosting an international event would create jobs, I personally agree that the expenditure on these competitions would be better used to improve other sectors. This essay will discuss both perspectives.

On the one hand, sports events such as the Olympics and World Cup(<-- World cup for what? Croquet? Fencing? Football?) create hundreds of job opportunities. As a result, young people in the host country benefit by working during the event. Additionally, they get not only a good salary but also valuable work experience. For instance, during the Rio Olympic Games in 2016, huge numbers of youths worked in companies that organised this mega sports event. I disagree with this point of view as the cost of these events is high.(<-- You are disagreeing with a fact. Did many people work for these companies? Yes. You cannot disagree with that. You then present a disadvantage as the reason for disagreeing, but you do not discuss it.)

On the other hand, it costs a fortune to host an Olympic Games or World Cup. New constructions, roads and sports facilities are built to prepare for the event. Therefore, authorities direct a considerable proportion of its budget towards preparation for the competition. However, if this money is used to enhance the education or health system in the country, it will be more beneficial. For example, hundreds of protesters in Brazil expressed their anger about governmental expenditures that were directed to host the World Cup (<--What World Cup?). I agree with this perspective particularly in developing countries.

In conclusion, although having an international sports event is beneficial due to job opportunities, I agree that the drawbacks of hosting such events far outweigh the merits because of poor allocation of resources.