writing task 2 please someone check it thanks.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jaggi7921

writing task 2 please someone check it thanks.

Post by jaggi7921 »

20. Some people believe that people who read books can develop more imagination and language skills than those who prefer to watch TV. Do you agree or disagree?

While some people think that reading books rather than watching television is more beneficial for one’s imagination and language acquisition. I partly agree with their views because the TV also play a similar role like a book.

On the one hand, there are various reasons why people support reading books for enhancing imagination. This is to say that, when any person read a book with many illustrations, then they can easily imagine the same situation in their mind, and think about what happen when they have the same case. For example, when a child read a fairy tale, then by using creativeness and imagination they build the world like that in their own mind, which in turn sharpen their mental skills. Furthermore, reading out a book is an effective way to improve the communication skills, such as, people can pick up most common words from any article, and can utilize these phrases in their normal life.

On the other hand, watching TV also consider as an important tool in cultivating one’s imaginativeness. Firstly, a TV has a media effects that hardly see in books, and people without any difficulty can analyze the behavior of any story. For example, by watching documentary about how to assemble a laptop, I understood what items I needed, and can imagine how I’ll put all items together. However, in the case of books, no doubt I can get information about items, but cannot imagine how I fix it in right ways. Secondly, the role of TV in boosting linguistic competence is pivotal. As most of the programs not only show the words associating with vivid images but also attract the audience attention with entertaining aspects.

In conclusion, its seem to me that reading books cannot outweigh the role of television in enhancing person’s imaginativeness and language skills.