writing task 2 please someone check it thanks.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jaggi7921

writing task 2 please someone check it thanks.

Post by jaggi7921 »

18. Popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.

The world cup and the commonwealth games are held worldwide with great national support and expectations. It is believed that these events are necessary for international relations and national unity, and I totally agree with that.

The most obvious reason why I think the world cup tournaments brings countries together because its draws the attention of people throughout the world, and consequently, reduces the focus on internal and external conflicts. The best example of this is the cricket match between India and Pakistan. We all know that these two countries have many conflicts with each other, but whenever there is a cricket match between these two, a lot of people forget all the tensions and come to see the match and shout to support the teams. What to add more, when members of these teams meet at one place, they share ideas, thoughts and culture which can help to develop global relations and tolerance to accept individual identity of others.

Another reason to support my view is that, these international sporting events such as, the Olympics, also generate many job opportunities for peoples, which also help to ease international tensions not permanently but temporarily. As people have jobs they tend to focus on their work instead of conflicts, and want these world cup more so that they can do a work and earn. Furthermore, the world cup matches also increase the patriotism. For example, in Brazil, due to all internal problems, they don’t want to live there. However, when there is a time for the football cup, then inhabitants ignore all the issues for a while, and support their team. Therefore, these kinds of events definitely increase the love and patriotic emotions of a country.

In conclusion, it is very clear that sporting events are really helpful for our planet to decreasing the conflicts and also improving patriotic feelings around the world.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: writing task 2 please someone check it thanks.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

This is a good essay. I like the second point, though I'm not sure how true it is! (Perhaps a university could do a study!?)

You don't look at the opposing view, for which there is much evidence, and that is the key problem with the essay.

Vocabulary, grammar and organisation are all very good. Nice range of vocab and grammar. Not too many mistakes. The essay is clear and points are developed.

All the best,
David