Please evaluate my task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
yendo

Please evaluate my task 2

Post by yendo »

To some people studying the past has little value in the modern world. Why do you think it is important to do so? What will be the effect if children are not taught history?

MY ESSAY:
Some people give little credit and value of studying history as it is unimportant and in their opinion does not have any importance in the modern society. Other people, on the contrary, reckon that the past has noticeable roles in understanding our modern life and taking important decisions for the future. So in this essay, I will consider both points of views and state my own assertion on this matter followed by the consequences of not teaching to our children.

In the modern world, it is undeniable that examining the past could be unbelievably valuable in terms of understanding problems in our modern world. There is a saying that suggests that “history repeats itself”, for this reason, if we investigate history, examine it without leaving any detail behind, we will have more opportunities to face forthcoming problems and it will be easy for us, to solve them. Human conflicts, inventions and social issues in all ages are similar and this is what makes the study of the past so important. Without studying past events we cannot understand why a certain civilisation flourished among others and why nations went to war. This knowledge can give us such a wisdom that would help us progress further.

History has a great importance in our lives, in spite of the fact that there are people who think the past is valueless and there is no point in studying history. However, we can say without a doubt that an explicit future awaits the one who has delved into history. Therefore teaching history to the children needs to be considered comprehensively. If children are not taught history, there will be surely consequences. For instance, lack of knowledge of the past of their country would have a tragic outcome in the society.

In conclusion, examining and analysing the past has a fundamental value in the modern world and it is undeniable that the effects of the children who are not taught history would be more catastrophic than anyone could imagine.
ted_ielts

Re: Please evaluate my task 2

Post by ted_ielts »

Her'es my edit of your introduction:
Some people give little credit and value of studying history as it is unimportant and in their opinion does not have any importance in the modern society. Other people, on the contrary, reckon that the past has noticeable roles in understanding our modern life and taking important decisions for the future. So in this essay, I will consider both points of views and state my own assertion on this matter followed by the consequences of not teaching to our children.
Some people give little credit and value to studying history as in their opinion it is unimportant and does not have any relevance to modern society. Other people, on the contrary, reckon that the past plays a significant role in understanding our modern life and making important decisions about the future. Therefore, in this essay, I will consider both points of view and state my own opinion on the matter before then stating the consequences of not teaching history to our children.
Free IELTS advice, model essays, and much more: http://www.ted-ielts.com

Guides for IELTS teachers: http://www.ielts-teaching.com
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please evaluate my task 2

Post by Flick »

yendo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 pm To some people studying the past has little value in the modern world. Why do you think it is important to do so? What will be the effect if children are not taught history?

MY ESSAY:
Some people give little credit and value of studying history as it is unimportant and, in their opinion, does not have any importance in modern society. Other people, on the contrary, believe that the past has a noticeable role in understanding our modern life and taking important decisions for the future. This essay will consider both points of view before coming to a reasoned conclusion on this matter followed by the consequences of not teaching history to our children.

In the modern world, it is undeniable that examining the past can be unbelievably valuable in terms of understanding problems in our modern world. There is a saying that suggests that “history repeats itself.For this reason, if we investigate history, examine it without leaving any detail out, we will have more opportunities to face forthcoming problems and it will be easy for us to solve them. Human conflicts, inventions and social issues in all ages are similar, and this is what makes the study of the past so important. Without studying past events we cannot understand why a certain civilisation flourished among others and why nations went to war. This knowledge can give us wisdom that would help us progress further.

History has a great importance in our lives, in spite of the fact that there are people who think the past is valueless and there is no point in studying history. However, we can say without a doubt that an explicit future(<--I don't understand what you mean. What is an 'explicit future'?) awaits the one who has delved into history. Therefore, teaching history to children needs to be considered comprehensively. If children are not taught history, there will surely be consequences. For instance, lack of knowledge about the past of their country could have a tragic outcome in the society.

In conclusion, examining and analysing the past has a fundamental value in the modern world, and it is undeniable that the effects on the children who are not taught history would be more catastrophic than anyone could imagine.