Writing Sample 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
MehdiB

Writing Sample 1

Post by MehdiB »

Good day all,

I'm gonna have my IELTS general exam in few days, and for preparation, I've written these sets of writing which I would appreciate if you comment on.

Thanks a bunch,
Cheers!

Q. Your car is hired from a company and while you are driving on holiday, you have a small accident. You will have to write a report to the company to explain it.
You need to explain the following:

When and where you hired it?
Describe how the accident happened?
What kind of action did you take after the accident?

Dear Sir,

I am Mehdi Badjian, and I rented a blue Honda City 2016 from your branch in Yarra Valley Street dated on May 26th. Unfortunately, I was involved in a car accident, which, I would like to report to you on this matter through this letter.

As I was driving to New South Wales on The Great Ocean Road, Regrettably, an overly speeded car, driving recklessly, hit and run my car on the left side, denting the rear door and smashed rear lights in pieces. Fortunately, I was able to take the car plate number, and filed a report on the closest Police station.I have attached copy of the police report made, together with multiple printed photos of the incident.

I have registered a complimentary full coverage insurance at the time of renting the car, I therefore believe that no further expenses would be charged on my Credit Card regarding this unfortunate accident.

I would be very grateful if you would attend to this matter as soon as possible.

Faithfully Yours,
Mehdi B

***********************************************************************************************************

Q. It is sometimes said that borrowing money from a friend can harm or damage the friendship. Do you agree? Why or why not? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your answer.

It is an obvious fact that both friendship and financial aspects are a crucial part of the daily life, both as an adult and as a young individual. Many argue that friends should not rely financially on each other as it brings harm and damage to friendship, however, this is refuted by other. Both sides of the argument will be critiqued before a reasoned conclusion is found.
It is felt by many that, close friendship takes tremendous work, dedication and effort from all parties involved. Friendship inevitably became strained, weakened and suffer as a result of absence of trust. Lack of commitment in returning back borrowed money on time, for instance, can significantly damage this trust. Hence, it is easy to see why this argument has garnered a number of support.
On the contrary, friends can generate stronger bonds by showing fully committed behaviors. Payback borrowed money on time to a friend, can illustrate how devoted one party is, and hence strengthening the mutual trust and respect of one’s another. It goes without saying that, devotion in promises can result in stronger bonds among friends. As a result, lending money to friends, sometimes can even strengthen friendship.
After analyzing both sides of this discussion, my personal sentiments are on par with the idea that with responsibility and commitment plays a significant role in friendship and can enhance the bond among friends. Therefore, financial request under such circumstances will not damage this relationship.