Letter-Wrong article published-please review

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Y.Sayed

Letter-Wrong article published-please review

Post by Y.Sayed »

You recently read an article in a business magazine about the company you work for. Some information in the article was incorrect. Write a letter to your manager and tell him/her about the magazine article.

Dear Mr. Williams,
I am writing to you in regards to an article published in the "Business Today" magazine discussing some information about our company.
"Business Today" is a business magazine whose role is to deal with the financial and economic situations of large companies. Last week it published an article entitled "What is the fate of multinational companies". First of all, I was shocked to find out that the article claimed that we have begun our first steps in downsizing after we have confronted a harsh budgeting crisis. It pointed out that last year we were employing more than 500 employees, and this year we are planning to cut down this number to reach only 300.
Moreover, I found that the magazine was making a review regarding the capital of the company. The information announced illustrate that our company's capital is mainly American, while, as you know, we are a European company with a German capital.
I think we have to send an official e-mail to the magazine's chairman expressing our deep disappointment from the data published on their last issue and requesting an official apology to be announced in the next copy.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Yasser
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Letter-Wrong article published-please review

Post by Flick »

Y.Sayed wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:25 pm You recently read an article in a business magazine about the company you work for. Some information in the article was incorrect. Write a letter to your manager and tell him/her about the magazine article.

Dear Mr. Williams,

I am writing to you in regards to an article published in the "Business Today" magazine discussing some information about our company.

"Business Today" is a business magazine whose role is to discuss the financial and economic positions of large companies. Last week, it published an article entitled "What is the fate of multinational companies". First of all, I was shocked to discover that the article claimed that we have begun our first steps in downsizing after experiencing a harsh budgeting crisis. It pointed out that last year we were employing more than 500 employees, and this year we are planning to cut down this number to only 300.

Moreover, I found that the magazine has reviewed the capital of the company. The information included in the article illustrated that our company's capital is mainly American, while, as you know, we are a European company with a German capital.

I think we have to send an official e-mail to the magazine's chairman expressing our deep disappointment in the data published in their last issue and requesting an official apology to be announced in the next copy.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Yasser