parents versus school. task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
zibs

parents versus school. task 2

Post by zibs »

Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.

The foundation of character and personality of children is laid in children. Some members of the society believe that parents should be responsible for character building of their children while others are of the opinion that schools should be the ones committed to this task. I believe that both, guardians and schools, are equally responsible for ensuring that young children develop into ideal members of the society.

To begin with, the role of parents is vital to instil morals and etiquette into their children since offsprings regard parents as their role models. Children are highly impressionable and thus activities of elder members of the family have a huge impact on the development of these young kids. It is no coincidence that children of a drunkard are more likely to develop addiction in the future while those born into a respectable family are usually more civilised as they grow up. Thus, it is obvious that parents should be committed to teaching their children good habits.

Additionally, lessons of teachers and school curriculum are equally important in shaping the mind of the students. I can personally relate to this notion as I learnt innumerable pearls of wisdom while studying the subject named “Moral Science” during my primary and secondary schooling. In fact, it was the vivid description of the subject by my teachers that helped me understand the various social etiquettes and behaviour expected of me as a member of the community. Also while I regarded team games that we played in schools simply as fun activities during the school years, I have come to realise that these games have been vital for developing ethics of teamwork and co-operation. Hence, the role of schools in character building should not be underestimated.

In conclusion, I am fully convinced that parents and schooling have different but equally eminent roles in the transformation of an innocent child into a valued member of the society. So, great effort is required, both on the part of the parents and the educational institutions, to build a society consisting of disciplined and good characterised individuals.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: parents versus school. task 2

Post by Flick »

zibs wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 pm Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.

The foundation of character and personality of children is laid in children.(<--I don't understand this sentence. You mention children twice.) Some members of society believe that parents should be responsible for building the character of their children while others are of the opinion that schools should be the ones committed to this task. I believe that both, guardians and schools, are equally responsible for ensuring that young children develop into ideal members of society.

To begin with, the role of parents is vital to instil morals and etiquette into their children, since offspring regard parents as their role models. Children are highly impressionable and thus the actions of older family members have a huge impact on the development of the younger family members. It is no coincidence that children of a drunkard are more likely to develop alcoholism in the future, while those born into a respectable family are usually more civilised as they grow up. Thus, it is obvious that parents should be committed to teaching their children good habits.

Additionally, the lessons of teachers and the school curriculum are equally important in shaping the minds of the students. I can personally relate to this notion, as I learnt innumerable pearls of wisdom while studying the subject “Moral Science” during my primary and secondary schooling. In fact, it was the vivid description of this subject by my teachers that helped me understand the various social etiquettes and behaviours expected of me as a member of the community. Also, while I regarded team games that we played at school simply as fun activities, I have come to realise that these games were vital for developing the ethics of teamwork and co-operation. Hence, the role of schools in character building should not be underestimated.

In conclusion, I am fully convinced that parents and schooling have different but equally important roles in the transformation of an innocent child into a valued member of society. So, great effort is required, both on the part of the parents and the educational institutions, to build a society consisting of disciplined and good individuals.