writing task 2 please someone check it thanks.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jaggi7921

writing task 2 please someone check it thanks.

Post by jaggi7921 »

Maintaining public libraries is a waste of time since digital technology is now replacing their function. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is certainly true that new forms of technology have affected the way we read and libraries are no longer relevant as they were. Despite this, I believe that libraries still have their importance in the world.

One reason for arguing that libraries are still necessary is that it play a vital role in people life especially for the older generation. This is because libraries not only lend books but also typically serve as a community center which provide a range of different services such as talks and lecture by famous person, that provide information about local areas and issues. Another positive point is that, person who goes to library for searching a books or articles can also have the facility to sit and learn there. The peaceful environment of the library assists them to concentrate on their work more easily. At last, libraries totally free of cost and anyone can borrow books after submitting a refundable security fees.

However, there are various reasons why some people believe that digital technology changes our way of learning. Firstly, it is very clear that technology provides a vast number of books in various fields that sometimes not available in many libraries. As an example, last month when I went to Auckland local library for finding IELTS books, I saw that there was no shelf for ENGLISH learning and I felt very unlucky. But, when I searched for the same on the internet then I easily got that books. Secondly, we can store a large number of books in our hard drive and can read anytime without the fear of submitting it back to the library. Finally, digital technology apps such as Kindle can give the opportunity to read while we travel outside of the local town or city that’s might not possible in the case of library.

In conclusion, there is no doubt that many of the library functions are replaced by the modern way of learning but this does not mean that libraries are existed soon.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: writing task 2 please someone check it thanks.

Post by Flick »

jaggi7921 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:18 am Maintaining public libraries is a waste of time since digital technology is now replacing their function. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is certainly true that new forms of technology have affected the way we read and libraries are no longer as relevant as they were. Despite this, I believe that libraries still have an important role in the world.

One reason that libraries are still necessary is that they play a vital role in people's lives, especially for the older generation. This is because libraries not only lend books out, but also typically serve as a community center which provides a range of different services such as talks and lectures by famous persons, as well as providing information about local areas and issues. Another positive point is that any person who goes to the library searching for books or articles can also use the facility to sit and learn there. The peaceful environment of the library assists them to concentrate on their work more easily. Finally, libraries are totally free of charge and anyone can borrow books after submitting a refundable security fee.

However, there are various reasons why some people believe that digital technology has changed our way of learning. Firstly, it is very clear that technology provides a vast number of books in various fields that are sometimes not available in many libraries. As an example, last month when I went to the Auckland local library to find IELTS books, I saw that there was no shelf for English learning and I felt very unlucky. But, when I searched for the same on the internet, I easily found many books. Secondly, we can store a large number of books on our hard drive and can read anytime without the fear of incurring library late fees. Finally, digital technology apps such as Kindle provide the opportunity to read while we travel outside of the local town or city, which might not possible in the case of the library.

In conclusion, there is no doubt that many the library functions are being replaced by the modern way of learning, but this does not mean that libraries will soon become extinct.