please assess my task 1 thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tinalongmao

please assess my task 1 thanks

Post by tinalongmao »

The pie chart presented main causes of land degradation in the world and table analyzed details by regions during the 1990s.

Up to 35% of the land all over the world was degraded due to over-gazing and 30% was destroyed because of massive tree-cutting. Over-cultivation led to 28% of the land impacted while reason for the rest 7% land degradation was not clear.

According to the table, it is clear land in Europe suffered the most-nearly a quarter (23%) in total was degraded. While deforestation was the first to blame, accounting for almost 10% (9.8%) of all degradation, excessive cultivation contributed 7.7% and another 5.5% stemmed from over-breeding. By contrast, land condition was relatively less apprehensive, as impacted land constituted 5% in total. While damage caused by over-cultivation was twice as obvious as the one made by over-grazing (at 3.3% and 1.5% respectively), there was little attributing to deforestation.

As for situation in South Pacific including Australia and New Zealand or Oceania, overall land degradation though considerable as it was, none of it was caused by over-cultivation. While the majority of its degraded land was owe to over-grazing, impact imposed by tree-cutting was less significant.
Attachments
C8T1.jpg
C8T1.jpg (577.29 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: please assess my task 1 thanks

Post by Flick »

tinalongmao wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:29 am The pie chart presents the main causes of land degradation in the world, and the table analyzes the causes region during the 1990s.

Up to 35% of the land all over the world was degraded due to over-gazing while 30% was destroyed because of massive deforestation. Over-cultivation led to 28% of land degradation, while the reamining 7% of the land degradation was for other reasons.

According to the table, it is clear land in Europe suffered the most, as nearly a quarter (23%) in total was degraded. While deforestation was the main cause, accounting for 9.8% of all degradation, excessive cultivation contributed 7.7% and another 5.5% stemmed from over-breeding. By contrast, land condition was relatively less apprehensive, as impacted land constituted 5% in total.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) In North America, the damage caused by over-cultivation was twice as severe as over-grazing (at 3.3% and 1.5% respectively), there was little attributed to deforestation.

As for theSouth Pacific, including Australia and New Zealand, although there was considerable land degradation, none of it was caused by over-cultivation. The majority of its degraded land was due to over-grazing at 11.3%, the impact imposed by tree-cutting was less significant at 1.7%.