Please advice may exam next week

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
raghadmamd

Please advice may exam next week

Post by raghadmamd »

Some people believe that no homework should be given to children. Others, however, say extra work is needed after school for children and teenagers in order to succeed.
Discuss both views and give your opinion including reasons and relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.

Education is a crucial component in our children raising up process, which make a constant debate about best methods in learning. Many people agree that there is no benefits of giving children tasks at home, while others believe that these tasks are essential for success. I think homework plays a significant role in academic achievement.

It is felt by many people that study should end by the end of school day and any other work at home is an extra effort and would not help students. In other words they mean teachers should give all the required study material in the class so students can have rest at home. For instance, full- time schools adopted no homework policy, their aim is to give students the syllabus they need followed by worksheets to be done at school. In these modal schools students stay about ten-hour per day in the school and afterwards they return home with no burdens of homework. Therefore many parents prefer this learning techniques to have their teenage children free at home.

However, an increasing number of people argues that homework is an integral part of the curriculum and it plays a role in helping student understand more the study materials. I hold the same belief because the tasks attempted at home keep students in touch with their academia all over the day. In addition, homework tasks help determine the individual difference in their study as it is done solely by the student depending on how much he comprehend the topic in the class. Many schools in Japan, for example, tend to give small tasks at home which mainly help students to think creatively not only recalling of the class lessons. Had they eliminate these tasks from their programs, it would have hinder the student academic progress.

To conclude, although homework can be seen as a load on students, I assume that it could help in developing many skills. If homework is mandated in all schools, it would ultimately improve students’ learning ability.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please advice may exam next week

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

The basic ideas are good, but not expressed very well. There are many grammar mistakes which can make the essay hard to understand. This is often because the sentences are too long. There are also some errors with vocabulary, e.g. academia and modal schools.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please advice may exam next week

Post by Flick »

raghadmamd wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm Some people believe that no homework should be given to children. Others, however, say extra work is needed after school for children and teenagers in order to succeed.
Discuss both views and give your opinion including reasons and relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.

Education is a crucial component in child-rearing, which has lead to a constant debate about the best methods for learning. Many people agree that there are no benefits in giving children tasks at home, while others believe that these tasks are essential for success. I think homework plays a significant role in academic achievement.

It is felt by many people that study should end by the end of school day, and any other work at home is an extra effort that will not help students. In other words, they mean teachers should provide all the required study material in the class so students can relax at home. For instance, full-time schools adopted no homework policy, their aim is to give students the syllabus they need followed by worksheets to be done at school.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) In these model schools, students stay about ten hours per day in the school and afterwards, they return home with no burden of homework. Therefore, many parents prefer this learning technique to allow their teenage children free time at home.

However, an increasing number of people argue that homework is an integral part of the curriculum and it plays an important role in helping students better understand the study material. I hold the same belief because the tasks completed at home keep the students in touch with their academia throughout the day. In addition, homework tasks help determine individual difference in their study, as it is done solely by the student and depends on how well he understood the topic during class. Many schools in Japan, for example, tend to give small tasks at home which mainly help students to think creatively about the classroom lessons. Had they eliminated these tasks from their programs, it would have hindered the students' academic progress.

To conclude, although homework can be seen as a load on students, I believe that it can help in developing many skills. If homework is mandated in all schools, it would ultimately improve students’ learning ability.