PLEASE assess my essay, my exam is on 25th of May

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Alirezaaa86

Post by Alirezaaa86 »

TOPIC: some schools start teaching a foreign language in primary school years. Do the advantages of teaching foreign languages to young children outweigh the disadvantages?

Placing foreign languages courses in primary schools' curriculum continues to be debated among people. There have always been benefits in this trend as well as some drawbacks. It is felt that the pros of learning another language for school students are much more than its cons.
On the one hand, this development can benefit children in various ways. First of all, it might be said that students in first years of school have a deeper understanding of accents and pronunciations in the target language. This makes them be able to speak like a native speaker in long-term. One further advantage may be the effects the second language has on learning other subjects, hopefully leading pupils to be more creative and improving their brains' function. Thus, these merits could ameliorate and progress students' ability in their education.
On the other hand, the demerits of learning another language for primary school students are undeniable. Firstly, it might be argued that this arrangement may create a disturbance for the first year students who are learning their own language's alphabet and methods of writing. Consequently, another language may confuse them in many ways. Furthermore, teaching children a language without regard to their choice and taste seems to be a bit unfair, because they are not mature enough to distinct their attitudes toward different languages. However, these drawbacks can be tackled by some measures that school authorities take.
After analyzing the pros and cons of learning a foreign language by primary school students, it is agreed that the disadvantages of it are not really significant and can be waived through some steps. while the benefits of this trend are viable for students' academic progression.
Last edited by Alirezaaa86 on Wed May 10, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alirezaaa86

Re: Writing task 2

Post by Alirezaaa86 »

Please evaluate my work and rate it! Thank you in advance.
Alirezaaa86

Re: Writing task 2

Post by Alirezaaa86 »

Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: PLEASE assess my essay, my exam is on 25th of May

Post by Flick »

Alirezaaa86 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:30 pm TOPIC: some schools start teaching a foreign language in primary school years. Do the advantages of teaching foreign languages to young children outweigh the disadvantages?

The benefits of including foreign language courses in primary schools' curriculum continues to be debated among people. There have always been advantages to this trend as well as some drawbacks. It is felt that the pros of learning another language at an early age are much more than the cons.

On the one hand, this development can benefit children in various ways. First of all, it might be said that students in their first years of school have a better ear for accents and pronunciations in the target language. This makes them able to speak like a native speaker in the long-term. One further advantage may be the effects the second language has on learning other subjects, hopefully leading pupils to be more creative and improving their brain function. Thus, these merits could ameliorate and progress students' ability in their education.

On the other hand, the demerits of learning another language at primary school are undeniable. Firstly, it might be argued that this arrangement may create confusion in first year students who are learning their own language's alphabet and methods of writing. Consequently, another language may confuse them in many ways. Furthermore, teaching children a language without regard to their choice and taste seems to be a bit unfair, because they are not mature enough to understand their attitudes toward different languages. However, these drawbacks can be tackled by some measures that school authorities take.

After analyzing the pros and cons of teaching a foreign language to primary school students, it is agreed that the disadvantages are not really significant and can be mitigated through various steps. However, the benefits of this trend are undeniable for students' academic progression and future success.