Seek help in translating a text

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
romanuncle

Seek help in translating a text

Post by romanuncle »

Dear Simon,
I hope this letter finds you in good health. It’s been a while since we last met, but I still remember that party and how you passed out after our drinking game. Trust me, it was hilarious. This time, however, I am not writing to you to invite you to another one of my silly parties, but because I need your help.
I have got my hands on this amazing peace of text which probably dates back to 3300 BC, but here’s the problem, the text is written in Sumerian Language and I can’t make heads or tails of it. I was hoping you would help me translate it because you’re the only person I know in this country who has a good grasp of early Sumerian texts. Believe me, this can make us rich as the historic value of this text is beyond our wildest imagination. The museum however, is claiming this text and filed a lawsuit against me for property theft, the final hearing for which is on 15th of this month. It is important to translate this text and that too before 15th because my lawyers are pushing for out of court settlement.
May I know when and where can we meet up to work on this text? I have no problem to come over to your place in Manhattan.
Waiting for your speedy reply.
Regards,
Roman.