Task 2 #8

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Aky

Task 2 #8

Post by Aky »

Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads. Discuss both sides of the tipic and give your opinion.
My answer:
There are widely differing viewpoints on the topic of whether governments should spend money on railways rather than roads. It has already become a contentious one, and valid arguments as well as salient examples to underpin both opinions. In this essay, I will consider them before a reasoned conclusion is drawn.

On the one hand, those who are in favor of railways point out that if the governments opt to spend money on railways, this will lead governments to overcome some problems. For example, in today’s modern and sophisticated world, many countries tend to face obstacles on daily basis such as air or environmental pollution and even traffic jams. When the governments focus on railway, it will help such problems to be less common. Thus, this makes it clear that the governments should spend money on railways.

Conversely, supporters of roads say that it is wise for the governments to spend money on roads in terms of traffic conjunction. For instance, in today’s world, one of the most widespread problem is lack of road networks. This means that lack of roads predominantly causes to traffic jams. Thus, this is clear that there is no need to spend money on railways because it will be much better choice for the governments to spend on establishing road networks.

In summary, it is also worth noting that air pollution will somehow decline when a set of railways are established. However, it is my personal conviction that the merits of spending money on roads in fact will outweigh drawbacks.
(255 words)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task 2 #8

Post by Flick »

Aky wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:49 am #8
Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads. Discuss both sides of the tipic and give your opinion.
My answer:
There are widely differing viewpoints on the topic of whether governments should spend money on railways rather than roads. This is a contentious issue, and there are valid arguments as well as salient examples to underpin both opinions. In this essay, I will consider both sides before a reasoned conclusion is drawn.

On the one hand, those who are in favor of railways point out that if governments opt to spend money on railways, this will lead governments to overcome some problems. For example, in today’s modern and sophisticated world, many countries tend to face obstacles on daily basis such as air or environmental pollution and traffic jams. When the governments focus on building railways, it will help such problems to be less common. Thus, this makes it clear that governments should spend money on railways.

Conversely, supporters of roads say that it is wise for governments to spend money on roads in terms of traffic congestion. For instance, in today’s world, one of the most widespread problems is a lack of road networks. This lack of roads predominantly causes traffic jams. Thus, it is clear that it will be a much better choice for the governments to spend money on establishing road networks.

In summary, it is worth noting that air pollution will decline when railways are established. However, it is my personal conviction that the merits of spending money on roads will, in fact, outweigh the drawbacks.
(255 words)