kindly evaluate my task 2 writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
dinosaur2007

kindly evaluate my task 2 writing

Post by dinosaur2007 »

It is important for the government to spend more money on promotion of people’s health rather than medical treatment. Do you agree or disagree? Please give your opinion

Nowadays, it is conspicuous that medical care is gaining constantly increasing attention every day. It is controversial whether it is better to focus on promoting people’s health or to improve the medical treatment protocols. However, I would argue that prevention is better than cure. This will be proven by analyzing the merits of disease control.

It is well known that many diseases now still do not have proven effective treatment. A popular example for this is AIDS which is a disease transmitted by blood transfusion or using contaminated needles for drug administration. This debilitating disease has been reported to be better controlled than treated since the current drugs available on market are not reasonably effective. Governments should be responsible for implementing strict infection control measures and monitoring them regularly. In addition, they should raise people’s awareness on health and hygiene. Thus, the vital role of prevention can be clearly identified.

Moreover, it is claimed that therapy could be very costly in a way that renders it unpractical. For instance, heart diseases are mostly due to improper nutrition styles and lack of sports’ practice. As a result, cardiac patients stay on life-long daily drugs to avoid the deterioration of their health conditions that might need further surgical intervention. This, in turn, will add to the financial burden on the governments and the individuals. This obviously shows another upside for prevention.

To recapitulate, after analyzing the limitations of drugs and their high costs, it can be concluded that preventing illnesses is a much more effective strategy due to the forementioned reasons. I would recommend that government officials adopt this protocol in the short run.