GT task 1 (letter)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Hazem123

GT task 1 (letter)

Post by Hazem123 »

Write a letter to your friend John apologizing for not being able to visit him during the next summer as you are planning to take England Language Course to improve your language.

Dear John,
How’s it going? It’s been ages since we last met. You must be eager to see me next summer. In fact, I do feel the same. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it to you this time. Let me tell you a bit more about that.

As you know, it’s always been my dream to be a fluent English speaker. I enrolled in many English courses in my country but they turned out to be very basic and not up to my expectations. Fortunately, last week, I came across an advert in a newspaper about language courses taking place in England. I didn’t want to miss that chance; so, I got in touch with them and found out that the summer English course was available to book. Actually, that period of time is more than convenient to me.

I always believe that opportunities never come twice; so, please accept my apologies for not being able to make this annual visit, and I’m sure you will appreciate my circumstances.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Mark
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: GT task 1 (letter)

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

This is a very good letter. All points are clearly covered. vocabulary and grammar are both high level, with few errors. Organisation is very clear and you have created a suitable friendly tone throughout.

Well done!
David