studying abroad: advantages and disadvantages (task 2 essay, please evaluate)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
dinosaur2007

studying abroad: advantages and disadvantages (task 2 essay, please evaluate)

Post by dinosaur2007 »

Everything in this world has its own advantages and disadvantages as nothing is perfect. Studying abroad is no exception to this rule. Although many people may disagree, I am inclined to believe that its merits outweigh its drawbacks. This essay will discuss the two sides of this issue.

On the one hand, many people claim that studying in foreign countries is not recommended since it has serious and detrimental ramifications. For instance, if a person from a conservative society decides to get a master’s degree in a liberal country like the United States, he will certainly see an immense difference between the two cultures. Attempting to blend in the new one will likely jeopardize the ethnicity. Thus, the negatives of learning abroad cannot be neglected.

On the other hand, others hold a totally different opinion. They believe that regardless the downsides are, the positives still surpass them substantially. One important advantage of these would be the ability to get high-quality education in top-ranking universities. This is particularly true for those people who live in underdeveloped nations. This, in turn, will result in a rise in the educational quality in these countries when these scholars finish their study and return back to their hometown where they may act as educational consultants. This obviously shows the upsides of overseas education.

To sum up, it is clear that everything has pros and cons. Yet, it is up to the person to make good use of the positives and avoid the negatives. However, it seems sensible to me to uphold the idea of studying abroad since it brings about more benefits than risks. I would also recommend that more people willingly accept that idea.