Argument-task 2- less learning practical skills. David pls help me to check it . Thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Argument-task 2- less learning practical skills. David pls help me to check it . Thanks

Post by rairaichan0115 »

Q: Some people say that in all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, too much time is spend on learning facts and not enough on learning practical skills.

Do you agree or disagree?

People have different views about pupils spend too much time of studying theories and less time of being taught the technical abilities during their entire students' life. Although I accept that the schoolchildren should spend much time of learning facts, I agree with the idea that they do not spend enough time on developing practical skills.

First of all, it is an undeniable fact that most of the colleges only arrange several practical classes during the weekly curricular. For instance, in Hong Kong, most of the schools only provide one lesson of each laboratory and computer for the children to develop practical skills during a week. Other curriculums which are only talking about theories. This makes it clear that the colleges provide rather technical classes to them. It is obvious that the pupils have insufficient time to study that skills.

Secondly, and even more importantly, though, the structure of majority schools is still traditional. To illustration, in most of the Asian countries, the students only require to sit down on the chairs, open their books and listen to the lecturer without any responses. They even do not have a chance to consider carefully what the educator teaching. Consequently, they will not even think that the significant of studying practical skills. Based on that conservative system, pupils will not have adequate time to be trained the pragmatic skills.

In conclusion, the schoolchildren are overspent time on studying facts rather than learning technical ability during their school’s life which is an undeniable fact. Furthermore, I contend that the system of the school should be changed and the government should assist and support them for this.
Last edited by rairaichan0115 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
rairaichan0115

Re: Task2-argument - less learning practical skills.

Post by rairaichan0115 »

Hi DAVID,

Could you please give me some comments? I am going to join exam soon. Thank you