Task 2 (Tradition VS Technology) Feedback

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Aky

Task 2 (Tradition VS Technology) Feedback

Post by Aky »

When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The last decades have seen a considerable rise in the development of technology. However, there are some disagreements as to whether the overall effects of technology have been positive or negative for the traditional skills and ways of life. As regards my point of view, it is my personal belief that the overall improvements of advanced technologies may wipe out the traditional skills as well as ways of life. Two of the main reasons with trend are as follows.

To begin with, it is often said that the developments on technology have a negative effect and this may cause to disappear traditional way of life. This means that in today’s sophisticated world, most companies are replacing from traditional skilled labor to automatic tools. For example, in many factories, goods are being produced by machines and this allows to make them quickly and even in large numbers. Eventually, traditionally skilled people are no longer needed in factories or companies. Thus, this makes it clear that traditional skills may die out without being used.

Secondly, it might be said that due to industrialization and global trade, many traditional ways of life are fading away. Modern buildings, for example, steel and glass building are built in only week or months with advanced technologies. Thus, it is obvious that no need to require traditional skills in construction, meaning that many traditional skills and ways of life are on the be verge of disappearance.

To conclude, it appears to me that developments in technology have a negative impact on traditional skills. It is estimated that if a country focus on the development of technology, admittedly traditional way of life will eventually disappear.

(277 words)