Please evaluate my Task 2 essay. Thank you!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
padmanabhan.r90

Please evaluate my Task 2 essay. Thank you!

Post by padmanabhan.r90 »

As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual wellbeing.
What factors contribute to job satisfaction?
How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?

Adults spend most part of their life at work, and job satisfaction is considered to be pivotal in their physical and mental well being. There are a multitude of factors that play a role in one's job satisfaction. In this essay, we will look at few of them and discuss how realistic the expectation of job satisfaction is for all workers.

Firstly, there is fairly a broad range of factors that contribute to one’s satisfied in their work, such as good pay, friendly work atmosphere, work hours, and work pressure, among others. However, friendly work conditions and work hours are considered to be the most significant factors that have a direct impact on a person's work satisfaction. For instance, in a recent survey in India, almost a half of the working adults responded that they considered congenial work atmosphere as the single most instrumental criteria for job satisfaction. Work hours fared second and many didn’t relish long working hours and said that it had a negative impact on their health.

Nevertheless, job satisfaction in current world is only a chimera – it cannot be achieved, it can only be dreamed of. In the competitive business world, people are striving to outdo one another and everyone is ready to push their limits to do more, and prove their potential. As a result, expectations of the employers has also increased quite considerably. In South Asia, in the IT industry, people were seen working up to 13 hours a day, and when asked if they really enjoyed doing it, very few responded positively. It can be clearly understood that majority of adult population these days are not really satisfied with their jobs.

To conclude, we can see that being content with one’s work not only depends on the pay, but also on a variety of factors, however, attaining job satisfaction is all but elusive.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please evaluate my Task 2 essay. Thank you!

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

You don't really explain why a good working atmosphere is important, e.g. how it impacts on health.

Job satisfaction can be achieved. I have achieved it with some of the jobs that I have done in my life.

It would be nice to see some suggestions about how job satisfaction might be achieved, though I guess if you begin with the premise that it is impossible, you won't do that.

Vocabulary is not used to create an effective argument.

All the best,
David