Need your feedback on Write task 1 letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
shehmed

Need your feedback on Write task 1 letter

Post by shehmed »

On a recent holiday, you lost a valuable item. Fortunately, you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost.

Write a letter to the manager of your insurance company. In your letter

- describe the item you lost
-explain how you lost it
-tell the insurance company what you would like them to do

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter with regards to make a claim on my travel insurance, which I purchased from Jubilee Insurance and covers hundred percent recovery of any item lost while travelling, of my precious watch that I lost on my recent vacation spent with my family in Dubai.

I usually place my watch to some safe place where my son could not reach. The night before my early morning flight, return to home country, we returned very late to our hotel room from shopping and were extremely tired that we fell asleep immediately. The next morning we woke up late and were running out of time to catch our flight, therefore we packed up in such a hurry that I forgot to pick up my watch.

Since I have the platinum package of travel insurance and the policy number is PLC859874 of the same. According to the insurance policy, you would cover 100% loss, so I would request you to pay my claim of my watch within the time committed.

I look forward to hearing back from you immediately.

Yours faithfully,
Muhammad Ahmad
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Need your feedback on Write task 1 letter

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

This is a good letter. The second and third points are covered and vocabulary and grammar are good both in terms of accuracy and range. However, the first point is not well covered - it's just a watch! You can buy watches for $10.

Always be sure to give details!

All the best,
David
shehmed

Re: Need your feedback on Write task 1 letter

Post by shehmed »

Hi David,

Thank you so much.