Appreciate your feed back, please review my essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
raghadmamd

Appreciate your feed back, please review my essay

Post by raghadmamd »

Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or work in a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.
------------------

Learning a second language has become an issue of increasing debate. Many of the people argue that a foreign language study should be limited to travel or work purposes. While others claim that study languages have different reasons. Although limiting the language learning would help in decrease a load of study in schools, I believe that being bilingual would help the people exploring different cultures.

On the one hand, proponents of the first opinion think that removal of second language from school curricula would give more chance for other subjects. They presume that other languages could only be beneficial in case of travel either for tourism or for work. Germany is a prime example for the countries which do not support learning foreign languages in schools. However, I believe that second language would not increase the load of study in schools and have many other benefits.

On the other hand, supporters of teaching foreign languages for many other reasons hold the belief of different languages knowledge would help persons in various life aspects. As knowing different cultures and arts. Not to say that recently everyone should be able to use English to explore the internet which has huge sources of information. A recent survey conducted in the United Kingdom reveals that bilingual students have achieved better scores due to their use of the World Web Wide. Therefore, I agree that learning a second language has become an obligatory need for all.
To conclude, Despite the fact of the importance of second language mastering during travel or working abroad, there are many other uses for studying languages includes culture explorations.