My test is near, please assess my writing task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
yprianka

My test is near, please assess my writing task 2

Post by yprianka »

Writing Task 2:

Write about the following topic:

A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and
material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

Response:
In today’s modern world when life runs on the tick of the clock, money governs everything. The more money you have the bigger is your stature in the society. The basic moral values such as honour, respect, kindness, trustworthiness seemed to have faded away. Being opportunist is the way of life now. Obsession with big names give people the mental satisfaction and a reason for discrimination.

People in this new world do not want to miss any opportunity to look bigger. It is evident from the recent development in the political world where more money brings you more fame rather than your trustworthiness and good deeds in the past. It is therefore, likely that people would make ways to get money without caring about the right path. Hence, grabbing the opportunity in whichever way is the new definition of getting honour and respect in the society.

Attaching a brand name to every possession gives people mental satisfaction but it leads to biased discrimination between the different set of people in the society. It can be felt from the fact that indigenity is losing its charm due to the variety of foreign names. Trustworthiness is now measured by the popularity of the name.

Being opportunistic and popular by being a brand is the way of life now which has overpowered the moral values such as honour, respect, kindness and trustworthiness achieved by grass root level work. If such a trend remains forever, there would be nothing valuable to teach our coming generations and they would simply become machines with no feelings.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: My test is near, please assess my writing task 2

Post by Flick »

yprianka wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:09 am Writing Task 2:

Write about the following topic:

A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and
material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

Response:
In today’s modern world when life runs on the tick of the clock, money governs everything. The more money you have, the bigger your stature in the society. Basic moral values such as honour, respect, kindness, and trustworthiness seem to have faded away. Being opportunistic is the way of life now. Obsession with big names give people mental satisfaction and a reason for discrimination.

People in this new world do not want to miss any opportunity to look bigger. It is evident from the recent development in the political world where more money brings you more fame rather than your trustworthiness and good deeds. It is, therefore, likely that people look for ways to make money without caring about the right path. Hence, grabbing any opportunity is the new definition of getting honour and respect in the society.

Attaching a brand name to every possession gives people mental satisfaction, but it leads to biased discrimination between different people in the society. It can be felt from the fact that indigenity is losing its charm due to the increase in global immigration. Trustworthiness is now measured by the popularity of the brand.

Being opportunistic and popular by being a brand is the way of life now, which has overpowered moral values such as honour, respect, kindness and trustworthiness achieved by grass root level work. If such a trend remains forever, there will be nothing valuable to teach our coming generations and they will simply become machines with no feelings.