Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Elhassan

Task 2

Post by Elhassan »

Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Nowadays, road traffic accidents are a major cause of death in many countries. While it is thought by many that punishment would be the best way to make roads safer, I support those who believe that taking other safety measures are the solution for this issue.

It is believed by many that punishment, help to deter drivers from making accidents. For example, in 2016, United Kingdom make life sentences is the punishment for car accidents which committed by dangerous drivers, such as driving under the effect of alcohol, or while talking on mobile phone. This kind of punishments makes the drivers realise that their actions have consequences, and as a result, hopefully, the number of car accidents decreases. Thus, when looking at this example it is understandable, why many people think that punishments could be beneficial to limit driving offences.

On the other hand, I strongly agree with those who think that there are many safety measures, which if put in place, will have a great effect on reducing car accidents. For instance, before anybody receive a driving license, they should go through extended, difficult driving test, which should be carried out through all seasons, from snowing to raining and muddy days.Other measures such as designing roads with safety in mind, like adding more signs, speed bumps and cameras on the streets, especially where children and pedestrian can be around, can also help to ensure that drivers are not exceeding the speed limit allowed.From this, it can be seen that there are other steps to help reduce traffic accidents.

To conclude, after conducting this analysis, I believe that road traffic accidents could be avoided, or at least become less frequent, if certain measures applied to roads and drivers.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task 2

Post by Flick »

Elhassan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:16 pm Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Nowadays, road traffic accidents are a major cause of death in many countries. While it is thought by many that punishment would be the best way to make roads safer, I support those who believe that taking other safety measures are the solution for this issue.

It is believed by many that punishment deters drivers from causing accidents. For example, in 2016, the United Kingdom made life sentences the punishment for car accidents caused by dangerous drivers, such as driving under the influence of alcohol, or while talking on a mobile phone. This kind of punishment makes drivers realise that their actions have consequences, and as a result, hopefully, the number of car accidents decreases. Thus, when looking at this example it is understandable why many people think that punishments could be beneficial to limit driving offences.

On the other hand, I strongly agree with those who think that there are many safety measures which, if put in place, will have a great effect on reducing car accidents. For instance, before anybody receives a driving license, they must pass an extended, difficult driving test, which should be carried out through all seasons, from snowing to raining and muddy days. Other measures such as designing roads with safety in mind, like adding more signs, speed bumps and cameras on the streets, especially where children and pedestrians are around, can also help to ensure that drivers do not exceed the speed limit. From this, it can be seen that there are other steps to help reduce traffic accidents.

To conclude, after conducting this analysis, I believe that road traffic accidents could be avoided, or at least become less frequent, if certain measures are applied to roads and drivers.