Girls and boys in separate schools!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
faridhassan

Girls and boys in separate schools!

Post by faridhassan »

Q:
Some people think that it is better to educate girls and boys in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools.
Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
A:
In many parts of the world, specially the conservative communities, there is a common believe that boys and girls educational institutes should be segregated. While others may see that it is really helpful for both genders to grow and learn together. In my point of view, such separation at early stages may not lead to an open-minded or a healthy generation. This essay will provide evidence in support of my position.
Firstly, in radical societies, as mine, the families are very conservative when it comes to women’s participation in the community, especially young girls. For instance, in my country Egypt most of the parents prefer to enroll their girls in separate schools in order to avoid potential sexual interaction. Thus it is very obvious that how cultural effects can influence decisions related to the gender.
On the other side, the people who believe that there should be a joint educational system that mixes boys and girls have a strong logic behind their opinion. Mixed schools would enhance the social intelligence for both sexes. In addition, girls and boys must have equal learning and improvement opportunities. We can take the international schools in Egypt as a perfect example of this effective educational system. Almost all students that are graduated from these schools are better educated, more open-minded and have higher ability to interact with outside society. In other words this system produces a more flexible graduate.
As above shows the benefits of having mixed schools are much more than those for gender-separated ones. I feel that it would be in the best of the society to mitigate the effects of the negative elements if the traditions.
saqibali

Re: Girls and boys in separate schools!

Post by saqibali »

Farid,

1. Always plan the essay before you write. Write a high level structure on a paper before you start. This practice would help you to write equal length paragraphs and stay on topic. You will be in position to summarize the third and fourth paragraph in first one. May I suggest to see Ryan written essays and write them many times?

2. You are out of topic. Again, planning can help.
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

faridhassan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 pm Q:
Some people think that it is better to educate girls and boys in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools.
A:
In many parts of the world ( Does this relate to topic that we are allowed for?), specially the conservative communities, there is a common believe that boys and girls educational institutes should be segregated. While others may see that it is really helpful for both genders to grow and learn together. Some people argue that this trend helps .....while some refute this..... In my point of view, such separation at early stages ( who said early stages in topic) may not lead to an open-minded or a healthy generation. This essay will provide evidence in support of my position. Both sides are being analyzed below for A and B reasons
Firstly, in radical societies, as mine, the families are very conservative when it comes to women’s participation in the community, especially young girls. For instance, in my country Egypt most of the parents prefer to enroll their girls in separate schools in order to avoid potential sexual interaction. Thus it is very obvious that how cultural effects can influence decisions related to the gender.

You are discussing what people prefer in above paragraph. You are not discussing the pros or cons of co-education

On the other side, the people who believe that there should be a joint educational system that mixes boys and girls have a strong logic behind their opinion. Mixed schools would enhance the social intelligence for both sexes. In addition, girls and boys must have equal learning and improvement opportunities. We can take the international schools in Egypt as a perfect example of this effective educational system. Almost all students that are graduated from these schools are better educated, more open-minded and have higher ability to interact with outside society. In other words this system produces a more flexible graduate.

The above paragraph is on the topic to some extent but it has very poor structure and irrelevant example.
As above shows the benefits of having mixed schools are much more than those for gender-separated ones. I feel that it would be in the best of the society to mitigate the effects of the negative elements if the traditions.
Analyzing both A and B proves that...........It is recommended that parents should .........It is predicted that.....
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
faridhassan

Post by faridhassan »

Saqibali,

thanks for your valuable feedback.
I will try to work more on planning my essay next time.
because I am trying to write with in 40 minutes only, I have very limited time to organize the essay as I wish.

do you have any advise to this issue!
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

faridhassan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 pm Q:
A:
In many parts of the world, especially conservative communities, there is a common belief that educational institutions should be segregated, while others believe that it is really helpful for both genders to grow and learn together. In my point of view, such a separation in the early stages may not lead to an open-minded or healthy generation. This essay will provide evidence in support of my position.

Firstly, in radical societies such as mine, families are very conservative when it comes to women’s participation in the community, especially young girls. For instance, in my country, Egypt, many parents prefer to enroll their girls in separate schools in order to avoid potential sexual interaction. Thus it is very obvious that how cultural effects can influence decisions related to gender.

On the other side, the people who believe that there should be a joint educational system that mixes boys and girls have a strong logic behind their opinion. Mixed schools enhance the social intelligence for both sexes. In addition, girls and boys must have equal learning and improvement opportunities. We can take the international schools in Egypt as a perfect example of this effective educational system. Almost all students that have graduated from these schools are better educated, more open-minded and have a higher ability to interact with outside society. In other words, this system produces a more flexible graduate.

As the above shows, the benefits of having mixed schools are much more than those for gender-separated ones. I feel that it would be in the best interests of the society to mitigate the effects of the negative elements of traditional mindsets.