General Task 1. Suggestion to a friend. Please evaluate

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
HelenSun

General Task 1. Suggestion to a friend. Please evaluate

Post by HelenSun »

Your valueable feedback is needed regarding any mistake, vocabulary range, grammar, response understanding, suggestions to improve and etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Question:
You recently received a letter from a friend asking for advice about whether to go to college or to try to get a job. You think he/she should get a job. Write a letter to this friend. In your letter
- say why he/she would not enjoy going to college
- explain why getting a job is a good idea for him/her
- suggest types of job that would be suitable for him/her

Response:

Dear Sarra,

Thanks so much for your kind latest letter. It was nice to hear from you. In your letter you asked for advice regarding entering a college or getting a job instead. Let me explain why I supose that you'd better try to take a job.

At first, I feel that if you go to a college now, you'll not enjoy it really because it costs a lot of money. Having no enough financial support, you rather won't have some money for going out or travelling in free time. So, it might be so boring and I'm afraid that you'll struggle financially, even though the college provides a scholarship.

But, taking a job would be more beneficial for you currently. As a result, it could give you a chance to collect money for your future education. Indeed, I know how you want to be a vet, so I think that a job, requiring care of animals, in zoo or local farms should be enjoyable for you. And, what's more, in case you get it, you may gain some valuable experience that can help you for your future work as a vet.

Anyway, good luck to you. Take care and write back soon.

Warm wishes,
Helen
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: General Task 1. Suggestion to a friend. Please evaluate

Post by Flick »

HelenSun wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:56 pm
Question:
You recently received a letter from a friend asking for advice about whether to go to college or to try to get a job. You think he/she should get a job. Write a letter to this friend. In your letter
- say why he/she would not enjoy going to college
- explain why getting a job is a good idea for him/her
- suggest types of job that would be suitable for him/her

Response:

Dear Sarra,

Thanks so much for your latest letter. It was nice to hear from you. In your letter you asked for advice regarding entering a college or getting a job . Let me explain why I think that you'd be better off with a job.

Firstly, I feel that if you go to a college now, you'll not enjoy it really because it costs a lot of money. Having not enough financial support, you won't have any money for going out or travelling in your free time. So, it might be boring and I'm afraid that you'll struggle financially, even though the college provides a scholarship.

However, taking a job would be more beneficial for you currently. As a result, it could give you a chance to save money for your future education. Indeed, I know you want to be a vet, so I think that a job caring for animals, in a zoo or local farm should be enjoyable for you. What's more, you may gain some valuable experience that can help you for your future work as a vet.

Anyway, good luck to you. Take care and write back soon.

Warm wishes,
Helen