Please Asses My Task 2 GT. Thank You!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
antsatno

Please Asses My Task 2 GT. Thank You!

Post by antsatno »

Question:
Few people devote time to hobbies nowadays. Say why you think this is the case and what effect this has on the individual and society in general.

Answer:
Hobbies is something that everyone like to have one. They are not relatively a new concept, but existing from our ancestor time-period. So its not surprising that few people devote or spending their time on hobbies. There are handful of reasons for it and we are going to discuss some of them and also their effects on individual and society.

Part of the reason why few people prefer hobbies is just because of their parents interests towards hobbies. When children are brought up by such parents, they are definitely going to get some advise on why hobbies could be important as part of their life. For example, my father used to advise me to get interest on any hobbies. He used to tell that they can help us to spend our time effectively. Thus, I had ended up in collecting different countries stamps as my hobby. It was extremely rewarding task to learn about them and their origins. Due to which, I run a blog on "History of stamps" which has quite a number of unique visitors everyday. This is definitely an development to an individual coming from a hobby.

On the other hand, schools plays an important role in cultivating the hobby habits to their students. Most of the schools in recent years, have a subject or time slot allocated to talk on hobbies and their importance. As an example, my son who is studying 8th grade has a subject on hobbies. Effectively, he picked his hobby to teach other kids in his free time. This particular hobby had helped many students to understand their subjects better. It had become a part of my son's character, as he now teaches his class age kids in our neighbourhood too. Definitely hobbies like these help the individual and also the society together.

The two paragraphs discuss on why people are adopting hobbies. We also discussed how it can help an individual to grow his skills and representation. Also as seen, hobbies like teaching helps society in general.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please Asses My Task 2 GT. Thank You!

Post by Flick »

antsatno wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:12 pm Question:
Few people devote time to hobbies nowadays. Say why you think this is the case and what effect this has on the individual and society in general.

Answer:
Hobbies are something that everyone likes to have one. They are not a new concept, but have existed since our ancestors' time-period. So it is not surprising that few people devote or spending their time on hobbies.(<--This doesn't make sense. You talk about how popular hobbies are, then state that only a few people spend time on their hobbies.) There are a handful of reasons for this, and this essay will discuss some of them and also their effects on individuals and society.

Part of the reason why few people prefer hobbies is because of their parents' interests towards hobbies. When children are brought up by such parents, they receive advice on why hobbies could be an important part of their life. For example, my father used to advise me to find a hobby. He used to tell me that they can help us to spend our time effectively. Thus, I ended up collecting stamps as my hobby. It was an extremely rewarding task to learn about them and their origins. Due to which, I run a blog on the history of stamps, which has quite a number of unique visitors everyday. This is definitely an development to an individual coming from a hobby.(<--I don't understand this sentence.)

On the other hand, schools play an important role in cultivating the hobby habits of their students. Most schools in recent years have a subject or time slot allocated to talk on hobbies and their importance. As an example, my son, who is studying 8th grade, has a subject on hobbies. Effectively, he picked his hobby to teach other kids in his free time. This particular hobby has helped many students to understand their subjects better. It had become a part of my son's character, as he now teaches his class age kids in our neighbourhood, too. Hobbies like these definitely help the individual and also the society.

In summary, there are many reasons why people adopt hobbies; they can help an individual to grow his skills and representation.(<--I don't understand what you mean by 'representation'.) Also, hobbies like teaching help society in general.