Task 2. The subway (attempt 3). Please evaluate

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
HelenSun

Task 2. The subway (attempt 3). Please evaluate

Post by HelenSun »

Your valueable feedback is needed regarding any mistake, vocabulary range, grammar, response understanding, suggestions to improve and etc.
Are the main ideas relevant and how well are they expanded and supported?
What phrases or sentences are irrelevant and you do not like?

Many thanks in advance.

Question:
Some people claim that the metro is the most convenient public transport. To what extent do you agree?

Response:
In today's modern world, it has become handy to move inside of major cities using the underground railroad. Some argue that the metro is the most convenient means of transportation. However, in my opinion, I would disagree with this statement.

On the one hand, the subway system is believed to be convenient due to stable work according to certain schedule. To illustrate, in comparison to another public transport, particularly bus or taxi, the metro is isolated underground. For this reason, it can avoid traffic congestion. As a result, its trains can deliver passengers to their destination in proper time. In addition, if urban people did not get in stuck, riding in cars, they would not waste their time. Furthermore, their mode would not be spoilt. Thus, the merit of eluding traffic jams makes the subway more favorable to use.

On the other hand, many underground railway stations can be placed far from citizens' home which is inconvenient. In other words, it may take much time to walk to the nearest metro station, whereas it is better to take a bus, for instance, in order to save the time. Besides, if someone takes some transport to get to the subway station, it will cost additional amount of money for them, while it could be less expensive to use only the bus. Hence, being located far from dwellers' home, the Underground is not always suitable to take.

In conclusion, having such drawback as far location from people's home, the metro is not constantly convenient to take, despite the fact that it allows to avoid traffic. Moreover, road jams mainly happen during rush hour, so in other time they might not be met.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task 2. The subway (attempt 3). Please evaluate

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Yes! This is much better!

Clear organisation. Ideas with some development. Good range of vocabulary and structures and a good level of grammatical accuracy.

Well done!
David
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

I would add one point for improvement
The length of second paragraph is shorter
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

HelenSun wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:07 pm Question:
Some people claim that the metro is the most convenient public transport. To what extent do you agree?

Response:
In today's modern world, it has become handy to travel inside of major cities using the underground railroad. Some argue that the metro is the most convenient means of transportation. However, in my opinion, I would disagree with this statement.

On the one hand, the subway system is believed to be convenient due to the routine timetables and ease of scheduling one's travels. To illustrate, in comparison to another method of public transport, particularly bus or taxi, the metro is isolated underground. For this reason, it can avoid traffic congestion. As a result, its trains can deliver passengers to their destination in a shorter time. In addition, if urban people did not get stuck, riding in cars, they would not waste their time. Furthermore, their mode would not be spoilt.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) Thus, the merit of eluding traffic jams makes the subway more favorable to use.

On the other hand, many underground railway stations can be placed far from citizens' homes, which is inconvenient. In other words, it may take much time to walk to the nearest metro station, whereas it is better to take a bus, for instance, in order to save that time. Besides, if someone takes some transport to get to the subway station, it will cost an additional amount of money for them, while it could be less expensive to use only the bus. Hence, being located far from a dwellers' home, the Underground is not always suitable to take.

In conclusion, having such drawback as far location from people's home, the metro is not always convenient to take, despite the fact that it allows commuters to avoid traffic. Moreover, traffic jams mainly happen during rush hour, so at other times, they might not be experienced.
HelenSun

Post by HelenSun »

Hello!

Thank you very much for your correction.

Regarding the sentence you did not understand, there was an error:
I meant 'mood' instead of 'mode'