Please Assess My Task 2 General Training. Thank You!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
antsatno

Please Assess My Task 2 General Training. Thank You!

Post by antsatno »

Question:
Some people think it would be a good idea for schools to teach every young person how to be a good parent.Do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Describe the skills a person need to be a good parent.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Answer:
To be a good parent requires lot of experience. Bringing up a successful child is a part to be played by every parent. Several people suggest that, schools should be teaching students how to be a good parent. I believe it’s really a good idea to have such a curriculum in schools. This will help the young person to be a good parent in the future and understand the pains of their parents.

First, finding out the important skills to be a good parent is a tough and an ongoing task. Schools can play a vital role here to teach these important skills for the young people. For example, having a regular conversation with their child is an essential skillset which must be in every parent toolkit. This will help the parents to understand the child problem and help them to solve it. Even though this skill sounds simple, it can be easily missed out by a parent. By teaching these important skills to young people, they can use it during their parenting.

Secondly, when schools teach the skills of how to be a good parent, young people can acknowledge their parent effort, sacrifice and their work towards their success. For example, every good parent will have a skill to provide their support to their children dreams throughout the career. Such support involves lot of money. Hence every parent needs to work hard and save their money accordingly. It involves lot of efforts and pain. Once young people understand these efforts, it can have a positive effect on them. They can respect their parent efforts and work towards their success. This can be a double advantage for young people by understanding parent efforts and learning an important skill of a good parent.

Teaching the skills of a good parent in schools will be a rewarding task for the young minds. It can help them to focus on important skills of a good parent and at the same time understand their parent effort for them. We have seen couple of examples to conclude this.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please Assess My Task 2 General Training. Thank You!

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Your points are basically good, but you fail to say why schools do this better than parents or other organisations. The conclusion is a little strange in that it suggests that children teach this subject at school - possible grammatical error? And we haven't seen examples of this.

Grammar and vocabulary are good, but there is a limited range of grammatical structures (conditionals).

Overall, quite good and could easily be improved.

All the best,
David
antsatno

Post by antsatno »

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yeah I had made a grammatical error in the conclusion, thanks for catching it.

Will work on the conditionals as you had said.

Thanks once again!
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

antsatno wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:39 am Question:
Some people think it would be a good idea for schools to teach every young person how to be a good parent.Do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Describe the skills a person need to be a good parent.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Answer:
To be a good parent requires a lot of experience. Bringing up a successful child is the goal of every parent. Several people suggest that schools should be teaching students how to be a good parent. I believe it’s a really good idea to have such a curriculum in schools. This will help the young person to be a good parent in the future and understand the pains of their parents.

First, learning the important skills to be a good parent is a tough and ongoing task. Schools can play a vital role here to teach these important skills to young people. For example, having a regular conversation with their child is an essential skillset which must be in every parent's toolkit. This will help the parents to understand the child's problem and help them to solve it. Even though this skill sounds simple, it can be easily missed by a parent. By teaching these important skills to young people, they can use it during their parenting.

Secondly, when schools teach the skills of how to be a good parent, young people can acknowledge their parents' efforts, sacrifice and their work towards their success. For example, every good parent will have a skill to support their childrens' dreams throughout their career. Such support involves a lot of money. Hence every parent needs to work hard and save their money accordingly. It involves a lot of effort and pain. Once young people understand these efforts, it can have a positive effect on them. They can respect their parents' efforts and work towards their success. This can be a double advantage for young people by understanding their parents' efforts and learning an important skill of how to be a good parent.

Learning the skills of a good parent in schools will be a rewarding task for young minds. It can help them to focus on the important skills of a good parent and at the same time understand their parents' efforts.