Benefits and Risks of living for 150 yrs, please Give me a feedback :)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Elseady2014

Benefits and Risks of living for 150 yrs, please Give me a feedback :)

Post by Elseady2014 »

with the progressive development of scientific research, it would be possible for people to live up to 150 years. Although some argue that it will be beneficial for people, it is thought that it has negative output to the society at large. Both the the pros and cons of such achievement will be discussed in the essay.

Apparently , there are many positive effects of living for such long years, like experiencing more different lifestyles and as a result people will be able to achieve more success in their career such as for doctors, musicians and businessmen. For example, if Edison lived longer, he would probably invent more for humanity. Another merit of living longer is that people will have the chance to spend more time with their loved family and friends and to watch their children and grandchildren grow to old age.

On the other hand, there are more risks of such development. Firstly, body organs of older people will not be able to work efficiently in later years, thus will make them more prone to suffer from serious illnesses like geriatric diseases which could be severely painful and distressing such as , Arthritis. Another drawback of this development is that it will place a pressure on the social welfare services and as a result more taxes have to be paid by the young active citizens.

In conclusion, i think the risks of living for 150 years far outweigh the benefits and both of them have to be taken into considerations in scientific research.
Task 2.jpg
Task 2.jpg (23.35 KiB) Viewed 1934 times