Many people believe that formal pen and paper examinations are not the best method of assessing educational achievement.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
nukulraj

Many people believe that formal pen and paper examinations are not the best method of assessing educational achievement.

Post by nukulraj »

There is no doubt that learning process and acquisition of knowledge has changed in last few decades and so it is the evaluating process. Majority of folks have a opinion that written examination is not the best approach to weigh academic success of any student. In my view, written examinations are still very important part of educational evaluation process however, other methods of assessing also plays a vital role in educational system.
Firstly, written examinations were designed to understand the mugging power and writing skills of a candidate. This kind of examinations is very important, at least at primary level of schooling. Moreover, certain subjects like literature require pen and paper examinations the most. One can only show his or her expertise on literature subjects by putting his work on a paper.
On the other hand, other evaluating procedures such as presentation, oral viva, critical aprisal of a given topic etc are now a days very common in academic. In many countries, more than fifty percent of grades are depends upon this kind of exams. For instance, student perusing management degree needs to get prepared for his presentation skills, because in upcoming future he will need those skills for his career. Secondly for research students, practical knowledge is very important and that’s why practical exams contributed most of their grades.
In conclusion, written examinations had played and will play a crucial role in academic achievement, although other types of evaluating methods have their own benefits, and what can be expected is adaption of new assessing methods but not completely disappearance of written examinations.

Please evaluate this essay, and please let me know how much I can score with this sort of writing. Thanks a lot in advance.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Many people believe that formal pen and paper examinations are not the best method of assessing educational achievem

Post by Flick »

nukulraj wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:29 pm There is no doubt that the learning process and acquisition of knowledge has changed in last few decades, and so has the evaluating process. The majority of people believe that written examination is not the best approach to weigh the academic success of any student. In my view, written examinations are still a very important part of the educational evaluation process. However, other methods of assessment also play a vital role in the educational system.

Firstly, written examinations were designed to evaluate the mugging power(<--What is 'mugging power'?) and writing skills of a candidate. This kind of examination is very important, at least at the primary level of schooling. Moreover, certain subjects like literature require pen and paper examinations the most. One can only show his or her expertise on literature subjects by putting his work on paper.

On the other hand, other evaluating procedures such as presentation, oral exams, critical appraisal of a given topic, etc., are very common in academia nowadays. In many countries, more than fifty percent of one'sgrade depends upon this kind of exam. For instance, a student pursuing a management degree needs to focus on his presentation skills, because in the future he will need those skills for his career. Secondly, for research students, practical knowledge is very important and that’s why practical exams account for most of their grades.

In conclusion, written examinations have played and will continue to play a crucial role in academic achievement, although other types of evaluating methods have their own benefits, and what can be expected is adaption of new assessing methods but not the complete disappearance of written examinations.

Please evaluate this essay, and please let me know how much I can score with this sort of writing. Thanks a lot in advance.