kindly assess my task 2 thanks.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tinalongmao

kindly assess my task 2 thanks.

Post by tinalongmao »

The high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the needs of the society in which the goods are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

As the booming of commercial industry, people tend to buy something regarded popular by mainstream. Instead of the consideration whether they need or not, they buy products because they were indicated by advertising that other people are also in favor of this product. Though this behavior may be irrational to individuals, I think it would do good society as a whole.

Popular consumer products make a huge contribution to a society’s GDP. As for essentials, ones people will buy anyway, are only the base of aggregate demand. It could only ensure an economy’s stability but cannot push the economy forward. While popular goods, by contrast, is an extra consumption, a spending beyond basic expenditures that pulls the economic growth. The more popular goods consumption there is, from which, the more benefits a society could get.

On the other hand, this is an era, in which diversity of goods is more important than availability. Popular consumer goods provide the public with more options, thus stimulate public expenses. People these days are more generous about stuffs known as popular. Just like, if some people see frequently in advertisement that Apple is widely used among others, they would assume that this is the popular trend of mobile market and also want to buy one to fit into this mainstream.

In conclusion, people now are more willing to buy things the like not merely things they need. Though following the public trend to buy goods favored by the majority is not that rational, looking from a general level, it boosts economy’s growth of a society.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: kindly assess my task 2 thanks.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Popular goods? Do you mean consumer goods? This is real problem because it makes the whole paragraph incomprehensible.

The first sentence of the second paragraph is not true. If I am thirsty and there is no water to buy, it really doesn't matter whether a company makes two brands of water which are available in another country.

In the last sentence of that paragraph, you refer to some people, but fail to look at others.

So, basically, your points are a) incomprehensible, b) untrue, c) partially true, or d) some combination of those.

There are a lot of grammar mistakes and vocabulary is not used well.

Whichever way you look at it, this essay is going to get a low score.

All the best,
David