Writing task 1. Line graph.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
cnsfriends143

Writing task 1. Line graph.

Post by cnsfriends143 »

The line graph depicts data from a report collected in 2008 about energy consumption in the United States since 1980 with predictions until 2030.

It is noticeable that fossil fuel usage mainly increased over the years and was expected to do so until 2030 except for natural gas. Also, radioactive and renewable energy sources generally had a similar trend since 1980 and was projected to almost remain the same by 2030 with extremely minimal differences.

Petrol and oil initially had 35 quadrillion units (q) and showed fluctuations in usage until 1995 prior to steeply increasing to around 40q by 2008. Its consumption was stipulated to continuously grow to about 48q by 2030. Alternatively, natural gas started with 20q but utilization fluctuated until 2008 to about 22q and was inferred to remain at around 25q at the end of the period. Coal, on the other hand, began at around 11q yet gradually rose to an estimated 23q in 2008 and was predicted to slowly go up to 30q in 2030.

Nuclear and renewable energy consumption started at around 4q in 1980 and stayed at this level until 1990. Radioactive energy use slightly grew to around 7q by 2008 and was stipulated to remain stable in the future. Solar/wind and hydropower ranged between 4 and 5q until 2008 and was speculated to remain at this range by 2030, with solar/wind surpassing hydropower by a minimum.

Overall, it can be seen that fossil fuels were greatly preferred over nuclear and renewable energy sources.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (165.92 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
image.png
image.png (141.66 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Writing task 1. Line graph.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, a good report. I like the use of predictive language (although 'stipulated' is wrong) and there are some good words used correctly (ranged, surpassing).

There are plenty of grammatical errors, but meaning is generally clear and there is a good range of structures.

It's a big chart in terms of data and you've done a reasonably good job of picking out the key points.

Mainly, I'd do some grammar exercises to improve this. Boring? I know!

All the best,
David
cnsfriends143

Re: Writing task 1. Line graph.

Post by cnsfriends143 »

Thanks David. I deeply appreciate your feedback
. 👍