General Task 1. Job. Please evaluate

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
HelenSun

General Task 1. Job. Please evaluate

Post by HelenSun »

Your valueable feedback is needed regarding any mistake, vocabulary range, grammar, response understanding and etc.
What phrases or sentences are irrelevant and you do not like?

Many thanks in advance.

Question:
You missed an important business meeting. Write a letter explaining what happened and include in your letter:
- an apology for missing the meeting
- what the meeting was
- a request to reschedule

Response:

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my apology for my absence at the interview meeting, appointed on Mon, 12th of February, regarding an opened vacancy for a sales manager in your company. Please allow me to explain why I could not be present.

I am completely aware of the fact that you have to make a decision about the position within a tight deadline. Anyway, I would not have missed the meeting for anything. However, unfortunately while I was driving to you for the interview, an accident happened with me. After this, being injured I was urgently taken to a hospital. Furthermore, my mobile phone was broken. For this reason, I was not able to answer when you were calling. Please do not be concerned about my conditions because I am in recovery at the moment.

Please accept my apologies. I hope you can grasp the severity of my situation. Therefore, I would like you to reschedule the appointment for the next week if it is possible.

Thank you for understanding,

Yours faithfully,
Mrs Helen Smith
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: General Task 1. Job. Please evaluate

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

This letter should not begin 'Dear Sir or Madam' - you should know who you were meeting! (Certainly for a job interview.)

Grammar and vocabulary are good and you have covered all three points clearly with some development. A minor point is that you emphasise the severity of the accident, yet you'll be perfectly fine next week?!

Overall, good, but could easily be better.

All the best,
David